The best YURTS camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Raysville Camping Reviews
Great Night Sleep

Great December sleep in go as we headed south. Clean campground and beautiful scenery…will return outside winter season.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.

Excellent S.P. Campground within an easy drive to Nashville

We stayed at this campground recently and because the wifi coverage and speed was so good was actually able to "work from home" here.  We were on site 18 and it was very level, paved and double wide. Parking was easy and it accommodated the 38' RV and a SUV. The sites all seem to be well shaded and spaced sufficiently apart. Travel to and from the park is on good roads.  Chapel Hill, just to the north, offers all you might need with a hardware store, Dollar General, walk in clinic and restaurants. The park also offers a golf course which I didn't play due to the heat, but is on my list now that I've seen it.

The trails we hiked were well maintained and there is a quiet paved road suitable for bicycling.

Because of the close proximity to home, this will become on of our go-to spots for a weekend camp

Love this place

I stayed in spot 8 during the Coronavirus lockdown. The staff is very friendly. It’s near I-24 which makes getting places easy. It will be noisy if you are sound sensitive. It is well maintained. The laundry room is great. You can get anything you need from the store. Perfect pull through sites for a big rig overnight stop. Great sites with picnic table, fire pits for longer stays. Nice pool, sparkling clean restrooms. The dogs loved the dog park. The amenities for kids are great. Highly recommend.

The serenity here is ... no words available

Peaceful, serene, cool rangers help all hours, has a great vibe here. I loved it.

Covid get away

Its a KOA…no surprises. Hot (very) showers is a plus. Our cabin (2 room) was up near entrance. Highway about 100 yards away so that was a issue. Not much you can do about that. Was good just to get out for a couple of days.

Very Nice

Well kept spots, very nice well run campground with all the amenities

Beginner friendly!

The backcountry campsites are just a short trek from the camp store, the hike itself follows the river. We only saw one other couple and no one else was staying at the second site so it was such a secluded weekend! Definitely recommend for quick overnight trips!

Weekending

For several months while living in TN, we spent almost every weekend at Henry Horton State Park. It’s not quite an hour from Nashville. We always got a primitive site, shady site. I was never disappointed by any of our sites and never felt cramped or too close to other campers.

HH has RV sites, cabins, “hammock sites,” and a large group site. They also have a camp store, firewood, and restrooms. Rates are pretty standard. Backcountry primitive hike-in sites are $8.

Interactive heritage festivals and other activities frequently came to the center across the street. I don’t really recall if this is part of the park or not.