Lazy Acres , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Lazy Acres Camping Reviews
Deiving tour and hike

Unreal and must visit Smoky Mountain destination. Awesome automobile loop scenic drive and several other hiking paths we took. All sort of wildlife and abandon cabins and farm houses.

Stepping back in time

Walked, hiked and toured the Elkmont area and campground in the Smoky Mountains. Campground not yet open but have spots picked out next to heavy flowing streams. Great history as old time cabins have been preserved. Read about the history of this little now abandon town. Some stuff it’s haunted. Awesome day here.

Beautiful spot

While this campground is beautiful, the gate is still closed for the season. Website says it will open mid-April, so should be available soon!

Great Low Key Campground

Honeysuckle Meadows is a small low key campground in Wears Valley between Pigeon Forge and Townsend. The sites a spaced out so you have privacy. We really enjoyed that it was not crowded and busy. The sites have full hookups and WiFi was excellent. There is a pool and pond. It does not have a bathhouse, laundry, or playground. I would not recommend for kids unless they don’t need the bells and whistles to be entertained.

Nice Campground with nice people

I rated this a 4 because the camping sites are quite close together which feels like you are almost up on top of your neighbor.  The setting is quite beautiful and most have a river view (I love waking up to the sound of flowing water).  The swimming hole really wasn't much of a swimming hole, which was disappointing because that was the whole reason that my sister, visiting from California, wanted to stay there.  It was quite pricey, so I am not sure that we would stay there again when it might be more affordable to stay elsewhere.  We stayed Easter weekend and it was sweet that they did an Easter egg hunt for the smaller kids.

This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Very clean RV park nested in 3 creeks

Triple Creek Campground lives up to it’s name being surrounded by 3 Creeks. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend in 2020 and although it was completely full, it didn’t feel crowded.

There was a big field where kids could play, with a play set and many other things to keep them busy. There was also a stage that wasn’t used because of Covid but I’m guessing is usually used throughout the summer. Kids are welcome get wet and stroll down one of the creeks in tubes and there’s plenty of shade.

This Campground has more of an RV parking lot feel than others, but there’s plenty to do at the campground to keep you preoccupied. The staff was always present and even brought rocks to paint with all of the supplies right to the campsite!

We used this campground as a base camp to access the national park, Gatlinburg and other beautiful close by destinations. If you’re looking for a place to park your camper right on a creek, it’s a really nice place to stay. If you’re looking for a secluded campsite, you probably should keep looking.

Awesome

Wonderful views of the water. Clean bathrooms and showers.

Clean, bear proof encouraged

Walking distance to light hiking. Very clean campgrounds. They even have a small house with running water to clean your kitchen pots and pans etc. There is a water refill station and plenty of bear approved garbage bins. Fishing is open year-round. Rhododendrum‘s bloom In June. We had a great experience!