The best TENT SITES camping near
Mayo , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Mayo Camping Reviews
Beautiful county park

What a beautiful park. The sites have full Hook up. We where at site 50 and it was completely shaded. They where still under major construction redoing the beach and boat docks. But we still really enjoyed this park. Super close to town to get supplies and dinner.

Needs some love

We stayed in site 20 and my take on this campsite is that it just needs a little love and care.  My site was next to the creek which was nice.  On one side of me was a permanent trailer of someone who lives there and on the other side, nestled into a triangle was my neighbor.  His sewage had been overflowed by the last camper and they had to get the management to help clean it up before they connected.  It's pretty clear that the sites weren't checked or tidied between campers.  There's no cell signal (T-Mobile) and even though the camp supposedly has WiFi, they've not set it up to cover the campground.  It really just covers the camp store area.

It just bothers me sometimes when I see a place like this that could be so great, if there was just a bit more love and care put into the place.

On the plus side, this was our first RV camping trip with our new (to us) 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL.  Setup and everything went great and we just loved it.  Overall a successful trip but just a bit disappointed in the campground.

Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Ash Grove

This is a private campground that is wonderfully run. They have sites that are a short hike in- wheel barrels are available for help. Some of the sites are close together but there are many that allow for a more private camping experience. If your not a tent person dont worry- they have 2 buildings or lean too that are available for quick camping without a tent. One even has electric. The bathrooms are clean and well kept. There is a cleaning area for you cooking supplies if needed as well as a “leave and take” area for items that you may not want to return home with. Always interesting supplies there.
There are a few small hikes on the property- even a small waterfall. Wifi is available. Location is great for biking or Brevard area. The owners are always around and ready to help anyway they can.

Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Happy camper

It was our first time camping as a family and now we wish we could camp every weekend!

Great Park

This park is set up on a field . Originally for airstreamers but will accommodate all RVers. The host are the best and so willing to help. Maintain to perfection and runs along a river. This is a hidden gem.

Amazing

Friendly staff, nice view, little small places for big rigs, but I would recommend

Lots of history, hiking, & fun

Great place to camp. 2 Fishing lakes. Boat rentals. Loaner fishing rods, must have SC license.