The best YURTS camping near
Golden Grove , SOUTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Golden Grove Camping Reviews
Changed Owners

Stayed a 4 Paws numerous times now and have always had a good time. There are options as to how you want to camp. This year I had one site with a fence all the way around and most recently my site had a small fenced in yard for the dogs to use. Ownership has changed as of Thanksgiving week, we will see what the new owners do. There is a laundry, dog wash and shower building that is well maintained and very modern. We visited several EXCELLENT hiking trails that had the views! Then there’s sampling of local cuisine and shopping. Asheville, Hendersonville and Greenville are all nearby. Or you could easily sit at the campground and just hangout at the dog parks. For Thanksgiving they served a meal and had other events. They also have other event weekends that are a lot of fun.

We’ll Be Back!

We finally made it to Emberglow in early November 2020. It was perfect. It didn’t feel like a parking lot with RVs and campers but had enough space in between each spot with plenty to do for kids and adults.

Clean. Safe. Easy. Good location.

For a private organized campground, this really is one of the best spots in Brevard.

Sites are all gravel. We have hammocked camped here, and this last trip, I camped in my Motorcycle trailer. Great spot to be for riding around the blue ridge mountains.

Most sites have electric and water. You will likely need to level anything you bring.

There is decent wi-fi, though it can be spotty when everyone gets on at night.

Decent 3 bar verizon coverage.

Bathhouses are super clean and the entire place has a friendly vibe. Sites are fairly close, but the trees help it feel secluded. Can be a bit noisy at night as sound carries, especially on weekends when there is more campers coming in.

Roads are tight and twisty, I had a tough time backing in my 10' utility trailer into spot 220.

No online reservation system. Not really any views. Just a nice solid campground with decent rates. About a 20 minute drive to Brevard and area attractions. But you can hit Ceasars Head Park about 5 minutes due south on 276 for some great hiking.

Great Campground

Stayed here for the weekend and Emberglow hosted a 5K. It was a great time. Great family campground. All camping sites are gravel so make sure you have some leveling blocks. They also have yurts and tree houses that look like a blast as well. Definitely will be back.

Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Wonderful family campground

Just spent the weekend here and loved it! Great place for kids with jump pad, swingset, slides, climbing dome, pool, a creek to explore, hiking trails, and more! We planned to explore the area (Chimney Rock, Lake Lure) but ended up staying the entire time in the campground. Just a beautiful new place, very relaxing. We will definitely be back! Would be a wonderful place to plan a group trip due to the variety of accommodations (RV sites, treehouses, remodeled campers, pods, tent sites, etc.).

Do not recommend!

We had a terrible experience here. We rented one of the camping RV's and paid by check in advance. The campground was recommended on a travel group I belong to on facebook. We drove 4 hours and when we showed up and checked in, we were greeted kindly but it went downhill when we went to the RV. The RV was very old(maybe 20 years?) and smelled like mold/mildew. We opened the windows in an effort to air it out. My son and husband thought that it smelled like sewage, and the lights on the black tank indicated full. We went back to the office to inquire about the smell and the black tank. The lady working the desk said her husband would check the black tank after he finished supper and that it should smell like peppermint. I can assure you that it did not. My kids were already asking if they could sleep in the car at this point. The husband checked the tank and said it was empty but the indicator was broken. We were at a loss as to what to do, as we were sure if we stayed, we would have gotten sick. Two of us have asthma and 2 of us have allergies and I was afraid that if we stayed in it, we would be sick with bronchitis as that is usually what happens when I am exposed to mold. Also, given covid- I don't think most people would want this risk. The husband said that RV"has always smelled like that since we bought it." We remembered that their camping cabins looked newer online and thought that may be a better option so we asked if we could switch to one of them(they are less expensive and we were fine with that). Unfortunately, since it was Labor Day weekend, they were all booked as well as every campsite. They refused to give us a refund or offer any other options. We had no idea where we would go as it was 6:00 at night and everywhere seemed to be booked for Labor Day weekend. We called a few campgrounds with no luck and ended up eating dinner in town and driving to Asheville to stay at a hotel and returning home the next day. This was so disappointing as we had spent most of the day before we left prepping food, packing, etc. I would never return or recommend this place due to how they handled our situation, with no concern at all and keeping our money with no solution offered. I can only guess that if you bring your own tent or RV, the rest of the campground is acceptable since the reviews overall are good. But definitely DO NOT rent the RV's- unless you can tolerate high levels of mold and want to pay$100 a night for a worn out, smelly RV.

A true hidden gem!

We took our camper to Emberglow for its maiden voyage. We were straight from the Camping World in Hendersonville. We picked the best place for our first trip. Emberglow is amazing! The pool is the best I’ve been to at any hotel. It isn’t a large campground so the pool wasn’t busy. The bathhouses were amazing with granite countertops, tile floor and walls, along with a beautiful mural. We have since realized that is not the norm in other campgrounds. We were a little spoiled since this was our first impression of camping. Our son enjoyed the jump pad and playing in the creek. There was a volleyball court that we didn’t get to enjoy and they were in the midst of building a playground. A nice dog park was on site also. We can’t wait to return! It was only a 10 minute drive to Lake Lure & Chimney Rock for eating out and exploring.

Lovely organic campground

Very clean,natural, beautiful trees , and a nice location. It is run by a very nice family. We were close to amazing waterfalls and hikes in DuPont forest. Short drive to Brevard with great places to eat. The sites are staggered down the hillside and gives you a sense of privacy. The bathrooms were very clean.