The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Central , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Central Camping Reviews
This park is BEAUTIFUL!!

We camped here at Oconee, at site 7, on the Lake Loop, in the middle of May 2020. PERFECT!! We were able to pitch a tent AND had room for my tow vehicle and teardrop camper! The folks that run the Visitor Center were PHENOMENAL! Plenty of room, nice sun and shade areas, EXTREMELY clean bathrooms and bathhouses, wifi, MANY trails to walk and hike, and really awesome buildings and a man made lake, that were built by the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps)! I HIGHLY recommend checking this place out, and camping here! We're planning another trip in the Spring!

You can also visit nearby Table Rock State Park, Bald Rock Heritage Preserve, and Riley Moore Falls!

Beautiful for Fall camping

We did a spontaneous trip to the mountains and we found this nice camp site along the North Fork French Broad River and we camped right along the river. It felt like we were camping deep in the woods and the Fall leaves were still clinging to the trees and made it absolutely beautiful. We fished right next to our camp site and then relaxed with a camp fire listening to the sound of the River.

HWY 215 runs along the camp site but since it was the weekend there was very little traffic. Hosts were very friendly, bath house was clean, and had chickens running around the camp site. Only reason I gave the camp site a four star is because there is clutter around a old cabin and old camper, has a broken down sink and if cleaned up would look much better.

Camp site is close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other areas of interest.

We loved this place

Nice campground, nice facilities, nice trails.

Quiet area, 0 reception

The area very serene, quiet and pretty. Nice hiking area and swimming area. If you need to get ahold of someone though you'll have to drive 10 to 15 minutes into town.

Great Tent Sites!

Only stayed one of our two nights due to rain but we hope to be back! Our site was great size for our two vehicles to back into. Set up our area and hammocks!

Beautiful Campground

I stayed for 3 nights on Loop 5. I would definitely stay again, but only during the week. I like to camp to find a bit of solitude and quiet. The first night I was there, the loop was fairly empty, only a few campers. It was very peaceful and we were able to see a ton of stars. I even heard a pack of coyotes running through the mountains that night.

The next two nights were a Friday and Saturday, and all the site were booked for those nights. You could hear generators running in the distance and lots of dogs barking. The site right next to ours had people up playing music and singing until midnight.

The bathrooms were clean and you had plenty of water pressure. The bathhouse on loop 5 had two stalls, one with a toilet and large shower and the other with just a toilet. Bathrooms in the other loops were all private, (separate area for toilet and your own shower room).

Beautiful campground

We stayed with friends at Kimsey Creek Group campground, part of Standing Indian Campground, Site A. This was a beautiful, secluded spot for a small group with a rushing creek right beside it and its own bathroom(no showers right there but showers weren't far). We were able to pull our travel trailer easily into the parking area, while our friends tent camped. Other sites- Group sites B and C are on the other side of the creek and require a drive over some running water. C was much more isolated(back of the campground area) than B. Those two sites share a bathroom(again, no shower). Driving around, through the other campground part I really liked loop 1 as it seemed to have the most private sites with large trees.

A fun get away in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains

One of the gems of the Palmetto State. Oconee has a variety of hiking trails and private, wooded campsites. The fishing lake has a netted swimming area and the option to rent kayaks and paddle boats. The replica of the historic water wheel is a must see! Be sure to stop at the visitors center for free WiFi because you won't have a cell signal anywhere else :-)

Quiet slice of heaven

This camp ground is a nice quiet place to camp, very family friendly. State stocked river is close by for trout fishing, and the bathrooms are always clean being for what they are.

Great location and nice facility

I love the location for proximity to both Brevard and Asheville. The sites vary in their ability to accommodate larger rigs, so be mindful of that. I have a pop up and had to get creative to fit it into site 8. There are two loops. One has a restroom only and the other (back loop) has showers as well. Bathrooms and showers weren't the cleanest, but were ok. There is no mobile phone service in the campground.