The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Porters Corners Camping Reviews
Not Ohio’s best state park, but not the worst either

Stayed here several times in the summer of 2020 bc it was only an hour and a half from home and usually had sites available on or near the lake.

The algae was kind of thick, which made fishing impossible,so we stopped bringing the kayak.

Getting Better

An older state park that is getting updated. Most sites are electric hook-up only. They are putting in new sites, full service sites. They are also putting in new restroom/showers, which are greatly needed. Some restrooms are really old, not taken care of outhouses. Dirty. Stinky. Outhouses. The sites are nice and some have a decent amount of space between you and your neighbors. Some sites do overlook the lake.

Our 1st trip w camper

We chose this state park because it was close and had good reviews. Overall our experience was very good. Great atmosphere and nicely wooded lots. Decent size too. Only negatives I have are some of lots are pretty uneven and the vegetation at all the shores edge . Had to have boat to get out and fish. Beach was great and there an epic playground for kids . If your kids are 8 and under they ll love the nature playground and nets provided to catch critters . We ll camp here again for sure .

Large sites

We stayed from Sunday thru Wednesday. We had a nice large full hook site. It was partly shaded but could've used better drainage. Most full hook up sites had wet spots. They are adding more full hook up sites.

We did not use the facilities so no review there.

No Camping

"Camping is prohibited in the park." (That is directly off the DCNR website.)

I am not reviewing Moraine State Park (which is awesome). I am reviewing the CAMPING options at Moraine State Park. Which brings me back to the DNCR website. It says "No Camping" and "Camping is prohibited in the park. Private campgrounds nearby offer camping."

It DOES list cabins, group tenting, and a backpacking shelter, which is available by reservation only.

But this park is not where somebody looking for CAMPING would want to be.

Beautiful lake, little outdated.

Electricity is stable, sites are very wooded/shaded and most are medium to large. Most pads are very unlevel, almost every trailer I see is on many blocks. Some don't even have all their jack's down. Only a couple shower houses with flushing toilets, the rest are latrines. Camp store is actually open during all of this Covid crap. Amazing kids play area in the woods with a full blown obstacle course.

Great park but no rv sites

This is a great place just of interstate 79. Been going there since I was a kid. In fact my family used to own property near by. This park has an awesome trail system for walking or biking

Dog Friendly

This park is one of my favorites in Ohio at this time. Most of the sites are some what private. There are many trails and even a fog park next to the lake.

Beyond the Great Outdoors

I have been camping at Moraine State Park since I was 5 years old (so about 14 years). While I was in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts we used the 5 Points Group Camping Area a lot. It is right next to the bike trail and has access to the lake. I have enjoyed my time at Moraine and will enjoy it every time I visit.

BIG LAKE

It was ok! Unfortunately our campsite was under water due the extensive rains recently this past week and spring overall. But the staff at the camp office gave us a list of all of the open sites that we could choose from so that we could still camp, Which was nice. Newer showers were nice. They are doing some improvements around the campgrounds. They offer quite a few wooded and shaded campsites. They offer activities up by the marina with some fconcession stands, but bring your bike or second vehicle marinas a trek.