About Mazama Village Campground at Crater Lake National Park
Contact
Mazama Village Campground at Crater Lake National Park is located in Oregon
38 Reviews of Mazama Village Campground at Crater Lake National Park
Dust Bowl Dance

This is one of the dustiest campgrounds I've ever stayed in - I blame the volcano. How dare it! (Haha.) Other than the dust (which was primarily on the roads, more than the sites), this place was great. The sites are huge, at least the two that we got. I wish I could've chosen our sites, but you don't usually get to with concessionaire campgrounds - which bothers me, but what can you do? Our sites (I believe E1 and E2) were right by the road (you can see it in the background of a few of our photos) but the campground was generally quiet enough that we weren't bothered by it. There is a decent number of trees between the sites and the roads to provide a good sound barrier.

Crater Lake

Really cool camp site!! Made from an old dead volcano long time ago filled with water. The Camp is beautiful and easy to get to with different sites set up easy trails to the lake and hiking to the top view above the crater.

Late June Camping Crater Lake camping in Loop E

Nice large campsite with bear cabinet, fire grill, fire pit and 10 foot picnic table. The ground was dirt and easy to put stakes in for the Tent. It was only about 6 miles from Rim Village where. The Mazama village had a restaurant, cafe camp store, motor lodge, gas station and shower facilities. Registration for a site was easy, you paid with a credit card or cash at the kiosk and then went a picked out a vacant site. You did not have to go back and tell them the site. You did not even have to provide your car tag numbers. They directed you to the loop that had vacant campgrounds. We hiked the Annie Spring trail that was near the amphitheater in the campground. The bathrooms in the campground were flush toilets. At night the temp dipped to the 30's. Your at 6000 feet elevation and there is snow all year round on the rim of Crater Lake.

Camp near the rim of Crater Lake with all the amenities!

Crater Lake is Breathtaking!

It's a trek to get to Crater Lake no matter where you are coming from but it's worth the drive! These photos can't describe the feeling when looking at that blue water.

This is a BIG campground! I'm used to 10 site primitive campgrounds and this was actually a treat. It wasn't over run and crowded like a KOA but had all of the amenities. Nice space in between sites. There are 7 loops and over 200 sites. They have a camp store, laundry room, showers, flush toilets. Note: the showers take quarters so have some ready or pop into the camp store.

Camping in the snow

There was a random summer snow storm that came through and we thought our camping trip may be ruined, but they plowed all the roads, gave us more wood for our fire, and served Jamison hot chocolates at the lodge. It felt like the perfect white Christmas but during the summer.

Mazama Campground - Crater Lake

This is a great campsite. They do pack you in tightly but it's right near Crater Lake, which is why everyone goes. The spots are great, there are bathrooms nearby. It's rustic, wooded, and I would recommend it.

closest campground to Crater Lake

The Mazama Village campground at Crater Lake National Park is located 7 miles south of Crater Lake's rim. A small grocery store, restaurant and gift shop are all within walking distance of the campsites, making for a well-sourced camp stay. Campfire wood is available at the office, as well as hot showers (bring quarters). The campsites are spaced throughout a wooded area, and some sites have more privacy than others. Bear boxes are located in every campsite for storing food. While you probably won't see a bear, you will see plenty of chipmunks and ground squirrels scouring the campsites for food, so keep it locked up at all times. Each time I've stayed here, Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers were coming through on their trek from Mexico to Canada (or vice versa).

very nice

site: large site. close to neighbors. amenities: clean. basic. busy. attractions: Crater lake. I would go camping here again.

Book ahead

I tried to stay there during August but didn't have reservations and the campground was full. Plan ahead and make reservations.

Can't wait to go back

The park is absolutely beautiful. It takes a bit to get into the park and once you're on the top of the mountain you'll be greeted by incredible views of Crater Lake. The Mazama campground is a few miles down a curvy side of a mountain, not too far and you get to see the land surrounding the lake itself. Sign in at the office and grab some firewood. The campground has multiple loops and I was concerned about being on top of our neighbors but the campsites are pretty large and we felt secluded enough. Running bathrooms and water pumps were a short walk away as well. (Showers are at the office) We only stayed one night and left with anticipation for round two.