The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Trailer City , OHIO

Most Recent Trailer City Camping Reviews
West Branch is a pleasant camground.

We met a group of friends there to kayak on the lake. The lake and the campgrounds are busy places on a weekend in the summer. The campgrounds are clean, quiet and well organized. Spots are large enough that you do not feel crowded even on busy weekends. The lake was busy and a bit choppy with all the motor boasts but there are lots of quiet places to explore around the edge of the lake.

We have plans to go back soon.

Great Campground

My family has camped here the last two years and I’ve already made reservations for another trip this summer. The amenities are great with nice, clean showers and large sites. We’ve tent camped on the south side of the campground which seems to have more large and secluded sites. Having walked around it seems that the north side has more open condensed sites, but from what I can tell, generally all areas are pretty good (down side to the south side is being on the open lake and hearing loud boats all day).

For some it might be a pretty standard state park campground but for us it’s quickly becoming an annual family escape.

Nice, but busy!

West Branch is one of the best-known family campgrounds in NE Ohio. And it's not hard to understand why. Full amenities, clean facilities, and a nice lake round out the picture of a great place to get some family R&R.

Here's what you can expect:

1. It's Busy.

Like, really busy. Be sure to book early as spots fill up often. Sites are fairly close to each other, but most people seem respectful of space and limits.

2. It's Accessible.

West Branch is a quick drive from Akron, Canton, Cleveland, and Youngstown - hence the draw. if you live anywhere close, there's no reason NOT to check this place out!

3. It's Fun (but a bit loud)

If you're looking for quiet, West Branch might not be the place for you. Since the lake has not real HP limits, you'll hear boats motoring quite a bit throughout the day.

4. It's got everything :)

Seriously. There's nothing else you could want. Hiking trails, swimming, a fully stocked office for the essentials you forgot.

Quick tip: Bring swimsuits. There are plenty of places to swim in the well-kept beaches or off a boat. West Branch is a great family getaway for summer swimming!

Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

Nice campground. Limited amenities.

Only 5 electric sites. Very clean pit toilets. Well maintained campground. A few equine sites. Only 2 electric eq sites. Electric is a little far behind pad. We almost needed extension cord. All water full up towers only have those spigots that are not threaded. Had to hold hose over spigot about 20 min to fill 35 gal. We were later told by staff the maintenance building had a threaded spigot. AT&T 5g with 3 bars. Not very many restaurants or grocery nearby. Better make sure you have what you need bf you travel. Bridge out in Bergholtz (sp) had a backroad detour. But overall great smaller campground.

Pretty State Park with Small Family Campground and Horseman Campground

I live near by to this state park and have spent much time exploring the entirety of it.

The trails are all nice, nothing too strenuous, and each have something unique compared to the others in the park. During the spring the Salamander trail is filled with thousands of Trilliums, a truly majestic experience. Lots of flowing water to enjoy throughout the park, some are off the trails but never hard to reach. A good park to enjoy with family and friends because you can fish, kayak, bike, skate, hike, horseback, and picnic. In addition, there are numerous historical cabins, locks, shelters, and a water run mill to sight-see. Then for those in search of a bit of spookiness, Gretchen’s Lock is notoriously a haunted location with certainly eerie vibes.

The family campground is small, but the park as a whole is not far from civilization so if any supplies are needed it is not a far endeavor.

I do not horseback, so I cannot comment on that campground, but many of the trails are friendly for horses to travel.

OH! And if you are there on the weekends the Wildlife Center is a must! The staff are so nice, it is by donation to visit so is in everyone’s price range. An astounding display of animals and nature information! You can even hold the snakes and see a bee hive in action.

I’m there every chance I get! I love going to the beach. Swimming area is alright, a little muddy in areas, but the beach is kept clean. There are little hideaway trails everywhere, making for a fun adventure! The campgrounds were a bit crowded, but good grounds, tucked away from the noises of the busy world.

Solid Campgrounds for One Night

We are a family if four with two young kids and stayed in camp site 35. It was nice for one night. We set the tent up on the side of the driveway instead the back (as it looked like it was supposed to go) as that area was muddy. It was a short walk to the lake from our campsite but the lake entrance there was super muddy with trash around. Nice for the kids to throw rocks into but that’s about it. We were on a long drive and were only passing through for one night and we were pleased with the campgrounds for this. Campsite 35 was close to the restrooms and which were clean and well kept (while the showers could use a bit of an update but hey, it’s camping) One thing to note, one whole side of our campsite had poison ivy. But it was a good size site. We walked around a few loops and some sites were very spacious and some were very small. A lot of RV’s and very few tent campers.

Quiet little campground

Tucked away in southeastern Ohio is a gem of a park for camping, hiking and horse camping. Clean water, restrooms, playground, sand volleyball and basketball court. Dump station and 18 miles of multi use trails! Small lake for wading with the kiddos, fishing near the dam or skip rocks in the creek. But be sure to pack a picnic and relax and enjoy! Only a few electric sites available. Mostly flat shaded sites most perfect for tents or trailers.