Stem , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Stem Camping Reviews
Nice

It’s a nice place. Not my favorite in NE, but it’s still a pretty area.

Very nice!

Site was level and well maintained. Back the trailer in and hook ups were ready and available. Beautiful area with really nice views of the lake.

Family Friendly

I absolutly love this campground. Everyone that works here has always been super helpful and friendly. My kids love the swimming areas and playgrounds too.

Good Park, Large Sites

We enjoyed our mid-July trip here. There are so many loops and roads within this park, we had a blast on our bikes. We were in site G41 and loved the private feel of the site. We had trees and shrubs on 3 sides. This is a huge campground. The only downside is that they literally lock you in at night. You cannot attend an event or concert that runs late….because YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT….LOL.

I guess I didn’t take any photos of this trip…not sure why.

Some partying going on at times

A few bad tenants should t take away from the place.

One of the best!

North Bend is beautiful. Sites right on the water!The lot was level and I didn’t feel like I was on top of my neighbors. The facilities are well maintained and they have handicap bathroom and shower stalls. I will be going back to this campground and lake! Saw eagles, ospreys, and herons daily.

Beautiful area!

Nice, wide open areas! Beautifully maintained park, great staff, LOVE the care and attention that they've put into restoring and preserving the older buildings.

Older campground

Older campground. Lots of permanent sites (mainly on one side of campground). Wooded. Pool, rec room. Staff is nice.

Great tent & camper sites

Great tent campsite close to water and boat launch on Kerr Lake. The shower rooms are very clean.

Beautiful but noisy at night

We stayed in Loop B and it was the loveliest lakeside campsite, nice level spot for our very large tent and a private sandy beach just below the site. This was especially nice over the summer because the public beaches were closed due to COVID.

This would have been one of my favorite campsites if it weren't for the noise. Some people were fishing on the lake between 1-3am just off our campsite, being really loud and shining a large flashlight over our site. We didn't sleep very much. I'm going to assume this was a fluke and give this campsite another shot because the beach is so nice.