The best GROUP camping near
Middlesex , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Middlesex Camping Reviews
Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Quiet, small lakeside campground

Stayed one night in site 002. which had hookups (water/ electric) but no lake view. Beautiful small campground, very quiet. Lakeside campsites didn't have electric but were beautiful, would be worth trying to book. I like lots of privacy, site 2 had a lot of privacy, site 1 probably had the most of any I saw. Very nice check-in person at the gate, very helpful.

A decent place to stay

I found this to be a decent campground . I stayed at tent site 12. The site was slightly uneven but it had a fire ring with grate, lantern pole and table. The tent pad was gravel. Water pump, trash and bathroom all in very close proximity. The bathroom was clean and hot showers. Lots of families with children. There are many hiking trails but many were unavailable due to flooding. Trail from campground to picnic area and large grassy field used for relaxing, frisbee and picnics. Phone service spotty at times but not totally unavailable. Overall a decent place to stay.

Free during hunting season

Very primitive, but close to town if you need anything.  Sites are very close together, no privacy.  Most campers are here to hunt so are gone most of the day.  It was not crowded when I was there during the week. I was only there on a Tuesday.

Relaxing and Peaceful in Bullocksville

If you are looking for a campground that has a beach, boat launch and water views this is the camp ground for you. We stayed on campsite 39. The lots are gravel with a lantern pole and brick fire pit with ring. Our lot was shady and cool. Lots near the beach received a great deal of sun and wind. This was a clean well kept park and I would recommend.

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.