The best YURTS camping near
Maggie Valley , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Maggie Valley Camping Reviews
Quiet rivers east of Gatlinburg

Almost 5 stars! Only negative was that they have a huge playground with many structures but none of it is friendly to littles under age 5 which means you have to “helicopter parent” if you have a little…

The campground is surrounded by a little river so many sites have river views. Most are relatively spacious. There are also a few spots on the road side of the island.

The amenities were spotless. Laundry was pretty new and worked great.

Location was fantastic. Removed from the chaos and in the woods but close enough to be in Gatlinburg in 10 minutes or on a smoky mountain hike in 20. 5 stars for this location!

We stayed in #200 which is a “sideways pull though” though it’s a pretty risky attempt to actually pull through vs back in with a tight squeeze between a tree and your hookups. This spot is on the road side (off the island) but we had an excellent river front and the road noise wasn’t a problem.

Wifi is ok… good for most things but can’t handle a video conference. Had ok cell service on att.

Clean. Safe. Easy. Good location.

For a private organized campground, this really is one of the best spots in Brevard.

Sites are all gravel. We have hammocked camped here, and this last trip, I camped in my Motorcycle trailer. Great spot to be for riding around the blue ridge mountains.

Most sites have electric and water. You will likely need to level anything you bring.

There is decent wi-fi, though it can be spotty when everyone gets on at night.

Decent 3 bar verizon coverage.

Bathhouses are super clean and the entire place has a friendly vibe. Sites are fairly close, but the trees help it feel secluded. Can be a bit noisy at night as sound carries, especially on weekends when there is more campers coming in.

Roads are tight and twisty, I had a tough time backing in my 10' utility trailer into spot 220.

No online reservation system. Not really any views. Just a nice solid campground with decent rates. About a 20 minute drive to Brevard and area attractions. But you can hit Ceasars Head Park about 5 minutes due south on 276 for some great hiking.

Very clean bathrooms and showers

Some sites are pretty close together. The sites closer to the lake have more privacy-without direct lake views. Lake is underwhelming-but still nice. Bathroom and showers are cleaned well everyday-and are heated. Book ahead-the guy said they'd been completely full since June.

Wow. What an amazing cabin! Best one yet!

Just amazing! Stunning cabin. They supply wood. Water, electric and everything you need. Right in the water. Listen to the river. See the photos. It was awesome!

Perfect!

Greenbrier is the best. Entrance is beautifully decorated, staff really nice and accommodating, bathrooms/showered nicest I’ve seen and the location on river amongst the trees is idyllic.

Love it

Spacious and on the river. Close to the biking trails and Cades cove. Spots are clean, fire pits are great, well maintained pavers patio and nicely landscaped

Awesome weekend getaway

The staff is extremely accommodating and very helpful. The bathrooms/showers were clean and the campground was well laid out. Awesome time to be in the smokies even if it is close to home for us.

Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Not my thing

So I use this app to find tent camping sites. To me, that’s kinda what a campground is. A good variety of both. This turned out to be mostly RVs and then three tents, one including mine. Needless to say, it was loud. For what it was, it was great. For what I thought it would be, it wasn’t. They have a lot of cool amenities and I will totally come back if I ever get a camper. But I wouldn’t just tent camp there again I don’t think.