The best BOAT IN camping near
Durham , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Durham Camping Reviews
Beautiful park for RVs and tents

Hibernia park on Kerr Lake, Henderson, NC has plenty of RV spots overlooking the lake. Some spots give you a personal sand beach. Many shaded sites for RVs and tents. We stayed Sun-Tues for a short getaway. Most Thurs-Sun were booked. Campsites on the loop in area 2 are large with plenty of space between campers. No issues with the water and electric at our site. We did not use the dump station at the front of the park. Park is incredibly clean. Rangers drive through several times during the day and right before the gate closes for the evening. Due to COVID the bath house was closed. Beautiful lake views with wildlife all over. Thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay!

Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Great Park!

Occoneechee was a great state park to stay at. We enjoyed the awesome views, friendly staff, and walking trails. We will be back!

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Quiet, small lakeside campground

Stayed one night in site 002. which had hookups (water/ electric) but no lake view. Beautiful small campground, very quiet. Lakeside campsites didn't have electric but were beautiful, would be worth trying to book. I like lots of privacy, site 2 had a lot of privacy, site 1 probably had the most of any I saw. Very nice check-in person at the gate, very helpful.

Serenity

Site 16 Left (non-electric) September 18-21, 2020 Average Daily Temp: 76 Average Night Temp: 51 Arrived on a beautiful early Fall Friday afternoon. Host was extremely friendly and welcoming. He offered great advice and information for this first time visit. Firewood is not available on site. You have to travel back to a self service trailer about 4 miles near the local CVS on Route 58. In my humble opinion, Site 16 was the best view of the Lake and has easy accessibility (see photos). Because of the low evening temps, most of the non-electric sites were empty. We basically had run of the area. Pet friendly and very well kept areas. Rock pad for parking and tent set up. Bring a pad if you plan on sleeping on the ground. Two tables, fire pit, and lantern post on sites. Boat parking available close to this site. Swimming was fantastic. Fishing was even better. Will be back.

Relaxing and Peaceful in Bullocksville

If you are looking for a campground that has a beach, boat launch and water views this is the camp ground for you. We stayed on campsite 39. The lots are gravel with a lantern pole and brick fire pit with ring. Our lot was shady and cool. Lots near the beach received a great deal of sun and wind. This was a clean well kept park and I would recommend.