The best YURTS camping near
Pike , NEW YORK

Most Recent Pike Camping Reviews
Gorgeous park, decent camping

This park is absolutely breathtaking and is one of my absolute favorite places on the east coast. The camping is all right; it's mixed tent and rv, but the cabins are great and they're a pretty good deal. Many feature heating and are available even in colder months. Camping isn't too expensive and the facilities are well-maintained.

Solid

Pros: good swimming, clean bathrooms, easy access off 90 (convenient) Cons: little to no separation between sites, easy access off 90 (busy)

WOW! Would stay here again.

Letchworth SP, the Grand Canyon of the East. No kidding! WOW, trail #1 was the connector trail between lower, middle and upper falls. It parallels the road with lots of overlooks. But still a lovely walk.  There were plenty of other trails elsewhere in the park. This park is rather large, but beautiful. Our campsite was loop 700, #717, in the dog friendly area. Plenty of privacy between campsites, electric plug ins, with potable water accessible every 3 sites .  Beautiful setting. Campstore had plenty of wood. Enough connectivity for texts and calls.

Gorgeous

What a beautiful park. Go river rafting! Only drag is the mixed rv and tent sites.

Party

I haven’t been here in a while but people mostly stay here for one of two reason. Because they don’t want to drive home drunk from a concert, or they have 14 loud kids that want to be at the amusement park. Both options come with about 2 hours of sleep 🙂

It’s good and bad

It’s about a 50/50 of wooded to open sites. Decent amount of room in the sites. They advertise 30 amp but most are actually 20 amp and run on dangerously low voltage. Our site the electric was 75 feet away from the water hookup. Terrible setup.

The Grand Canyon of the East!

I went to college right near Letchworth State Park so I spent many wonderful weekends there! There is a reason why they call it the Grand Canyon of the East. Not only can you check out the beautiful waterfalls, but there are also many awesome trails, rivers, and caves to check out. When I would camp, we would rent a camp site with our tent but, you could camp with your RV or even rent a cabin. Ive gone every month of the year, but these pictures were from my birthday in January. Letchworth is one of the best parks in New York state and a definite must see!

Beautiful views

Letchworth is a huge park with many beautiful views of the river gorge. There’s plenty of hiking trails. We even managed to find a trail with a tiny waterfall and an area for the kids to splash around in the water. We were hoping that the huge pool would be open that is outside the far end of the park but it was closed due to Covid. So, we were pretty bummed over that. Instead we visited an overlook of the dam near by.

It is what it is

It was good if you’re planning to go to a concert or the park. It was loud and not very relaxing. Don’t know if I would stay there again.

Nice little escape

This was my first real camping trip since I was a boy, almost 30  years ago.

I was pleasantly surprised with the experience.  I'm not a big people person so I was worried it was going to be people on top of people, but it wasn't.  Sites were spaced out enough that you know someone was in the site next to you, but you couldn't see them.

The real drag was the cleanliness of the sites, we arrived on a Thursday and pretty much had our pick of sites out of 15.  I think we found the cleanest non occupied one by far, but there were others that it looked like a kegger was hosted there the night before.

Please practice carry in/carry out.

Each site had a clearing for at least 1 fairly sized tent, a ringed campfire and plenty of branches and sticks to get things going.

Some wildlife around, but for the most part it was you and nature.

There is a small town not 15 minutes away if you needed or forgot something and it was pretty simple to get there.

I think we have decided to go back again this year as it is close enough to Buffalo, NY that there isn't a lot of planning involved.