The best YURTS camping near
Chautauqua , NEW YORK

Most Recent Chautauqua Camping Reviews
Perfect getaway. A true oasis.

I love this place! Site 61, a walk-in site…complete sleeper along the water. Highly recommend!

Solid

Pros: good swimming, clean bathrooms, easy access off 90 (convenient) Cons: little to no separation between sites, easy access off 90 (busy)

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to remember that for future hunting seasons.

Love this place!

This is my favorite campground so far in PA.

For the most part, there isn’t a bad site (although we didn’t see any of the walk up sites, and I recommend not booking a site immediately next to the bathrooms since the ones without showers are more like “outhouse” toilets and can stink). The sites are private, flat, surrounded by trees, and have plenty of space. The ground is quite rocky though, so bring plenty of heavy duty tent steaks.

Highlights include: the reservoir (beautiful and clean! You can swim with your dog from the access points at the campground), quiet, friendly staff (a kind older gentleman helped us jump my car and refused to take any money as a thank you), updated/very clean showers, not buggy, reception is great (we have Verizon), plenty of room to social distance, and 2 trading posts about 1 mile away with milk, eggs, basic supplies, etc.

Cons: the bathrooms without showers aren’t flush toilets, and there is no campground office so you must see the hosts for any issues.

Things to do nearby (last 5 pictures): the Kinzua Skywalk Bridge free- an old train bridge that was partially destroyed by a tornado in the early 2000’s. The bridge is handicap/stroller accessible, pets are allowed. There is a small indoor museum & gift shop, and a hiking trail along the wreckage. If you hike, wear good sneakers, the path is rocky and VERY steep. The hiking path is not recommended for small children). Bathrooms on site.

The Kinzua Dam free - beautiful. Handicap/stroller accessible, pets permitted. Bathrooms were closed due to social distancing.

Rimmrock overlook free- just a small distance from the parking lot. NOT stroller/handicap accessible, and there are rock steps, however we saw numerous families with small children go through the path with no issues. Pets permitted. Bathrooms on site.

Nearby towns of Kane and Ridgway looked cute, but we didn’t spend time there due to our efforts to social distance.

Nice little escape

This was my first real camping trip since I was a boy, almost 30  years ago.

I was pleasantly surprised with the experience.  I'm not a big people person so I was worried it was going to be people on top of people, but it wasn't.  Sites were spaced out enough that you know someone was in the site next to you, but you couldn't see them.

The real drag was the cleanliness of the sites, we arrived on a Thursday and pretty much had our pick of sites out of 15.  I think we found the cleanest non occupied one by far, but there were others that it looked like a kegger was hosted there the night before.

Please practice carry in/carry out.

Each site had a clearing for at least 1 fairly sized tent, a ringed campfire and plenty of branches and sticks to get things going.

Some wildlife around, but for the most part it was you and nature.

There is a small town not 15 minutes away if you needed or forgot something and it was pretty simple to get there.

I think we have decided to go back again this year as it is close enough to Buffalo, NY that there isn't a lot of planning involved.

Cool under the trees

We were here in june. It was nice and cool w/ breeze. RR's were clean, lots to do. We were in 28 but liked 7,13,16,19,22,27

Nice find

Very nice campground. We stayed just one night, but the site was truly amazing. The hosts are super nice and accommodating. Groceries only 15min drive away. Would definitely recommend.

Beautiful, clean and quiet.

We drove down from Western NY and were able to choose from 1 of 2 campsites. We lucked out and ended up with a beautiful site in view of the reservoir. Red Bridge was clean and quiet. The hosts were friendly and very informative.

Firewood and ice were sold in the campground.

Decent

Nice campground, free, fishing, secluded, everyone needs to start picking up their trash though

Super peaceful!

We moved here after a night on the other side of the reservoir. This side doesn’t have the family hustle and bustle, but instead it has some more open spaces so stars can be seen easier and a little quieter clientele. We really enjoyed this side off the reservoir. Less public spaces in the shoreline but had some great sites. Site 6 and 7 were the best waterfront. Showers were clean and well kept. Camp hosts were the best we have come across! Go into Kane and discover the small town for a few hours.