About Lee Creek Campground

This shady, forested campground is adjacent to Lolo Creek and Lee Creek. Lewis and Clark/ Nez Perce National Historic Trail is nearby. Winter recreation opportunities such as cross-country skiing and snowmobiling are available in the area.

Price
$10.00
National Forest
Lee Creek Campground is located in Montana
Directions
From Lolo, Montana drive 26 miles west on U.S. Highway 12.
6 Reviews of Lee Creek Campground
Seems perfect, but a couple big design flaws

Gorgeous part of the national forest, and the lower five campsites are gorgeous and creekside. Big downer- the 70mph highway is a stone’s throw away and every passing car seems pretty impossibly loud. If this were right next to town I’d consider coming back, but for an hour’s drive I’d expect something quieter. Also the upper sites are packed into a tiny ring and in plain sight of one another.

Quiet creekside campground

Campground with 22 sites, vault toilets, bear proof garbage, and plenty of water spigots. Placed at the base of 'wagon mountain' there is a small day use parking area, and 22 sites. We stayed in site 1 over a small bridge. It was a bit close to the highway. There was minimal night traffic, but it's a popular motorcycle road so the morning had more noise.

Make sure to pack any food in bear proof containers or a hard sided vehicle.

Quick Stop, Very Pleasant

Unplanned road trip from Seattle to Glacier NP. I had planned on staying in Missoula for the night, or at least camping close. It was terribly hot, around 100 degrees at 8pm. We started heading south from Missoula into Lolo Ntl Forest towards Idaho. Every campground we came across was full. Almost to Idaho, we pulled into this lovely place. We pulled into the upper (left) side. There were not many folks camping here, but the right or lower side was full. It was quiet, the vault toilet was clean and stocked. Our site was cut into a steep hill. Tent pad and table were level, but be careful heading the couple feet down to the car. The woods behind us gave me a little pause about bears and wildlife, but we were just fine. It was cool, shady, and quiet. A lovely last night to our trip before pushing back home.

You won't find a more beautiful drive than Hwy 12 through Idaho! I wish I would have taken pictures but I must have been camera'd out after our time in Glacier.

Family friendly

Water accessable, clean toilets, excellent campground host. Close to lolo hot springs. Lots of shade. Dogs allowed on leashes. East pull in sites, close to national forest, and lee creek.

Forested campground next to Lee Creek

This campground is often busy but it is large enough to enjoy some silence and solitude. Trails meander town to the nearby creek, and the facilities are well maintained.

great camp near a commercial hot springs

take a stroll on the Lewis and Clark trail and then relax at the hot springs before strolling back into camp this is a fee site but well worth it love this campground