The best YURTS camping near
Louisiana , MISSOURI

Most Recent Louisiana Camping Reviews
Large campground area

I felt like we were in the deep woods. Not much grassy areas. Electric sites only. I felt there were not enough Shower houses or toilets for amount of camping spaces. Now for the great things about this camping are. Camping spots divided into three areas. Puma, Coyote and Badger. The Badger area was closed. I found the site 98 in the Puma area quite nice with a little more grassy area. The shower hose was very nice and clean. There were a few sites with semi view of the water. I recommend 77 and 82. Wonderful boat ramp off the beach. Great for kayaks. Nice fishing area. All in all a pretty good camp.

Perfect location!

Stayed in coyote campground. Super close to hiking trails and the shower house was clean. Mostly non RV people here which made it a bit quieter. Still close to all the action and not far from the historical stuff or the town of Florida. This campground looks a little more primitive but it does have cabins, primitive and full hookups. This would be my vote for when we come back here.

Lots to do here but mostly just able to get away from the craziness. Hosts were great! Chatted with them for a bit and they are super experienced and very helpful. Positive is they are located right at the front.

They are doing some work on some of the gravel pads so some sites are closed but it’s all for the better so no complaints.

Plenty of room

This park has plenty of well groomed trails and facilities spread out nicely. You could camp here for a weekend and stay busy. We live in Wentzville so it’s an easy jog up 61 to get away. If you stay here, make sure to check out the trail around the lake 👌🏼

A fanatastic little place to camp

A small and not crowded place to camp with all you need and hospitality. Great for tent camping and hiking.

Great place!

Very clean and well kept. The campsites, the showers, everything.  Very affordable.  I will definitely go back.

Not my favorite campsites

We stayed in the full hookups. It’s a very uneven gravel pad to start with. The campfire sits right next to the camper and the sites are very close together. So the sites are far from glamorous. But there were two close by trails that were very nice. They had offered a class about Mo snakes and a class on how to build fire with flint that our kids really enjoyed. We didn’t make it to the beach because we enjoyed the creek so much. The kids loved using the net to catch small fish and crawdads, throwing rocks and playing in the water. It was fun to explore. So 3 stars cause the campsites were not great but lots of fun to be had on the actual campgrounds! We will still be going back.

Beautiful park with everything you need!

This is a perfect place to enjoy with the family. Plenty of gorgeous campsites and a lake to swim and kayak! And if you need a place to camp with your horse they have an entire equestrian section. Close to St. Louis but far enough out to enjoy peace and quiet!

Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Master Cook Station at Mark Twain State Park

Campground Review:

Mark Twain state Park is an absolute blast. approximately 30 minutes from Hannibal MO this park sits on Mark Twain Lake. Several hiking trails in the area will get you in touch with nature and an abundance of deer. Large playgrounds in the camping area's as well as visitor center areas. All loops in this park have electric and basic sites. No water hookups aside from host sites. Best part is all shower houses fairly new. We never located any vault toilets but found all three loops had their own shower house.

Park has a boat ramp with ample parking and if you have better luck than I did a fish cleaning station. While having a boat ramp close may be a deterrent it was rare to have much boat noise with the tall trees surrounding these large private sites.

We stayed in site 76 in puma loop which was a sloping site but it was massive. The lots on either side of ours were similar in layout but much more level. 76 also has a path to the waterfront which we utilized daily.

It rained on us for most of our stay we found Mark twain state park to be well worth the trip.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the GCI Outdoors Master Cook Station.

While looking at GCIOutdoors.com for the right item for my family to try out we were amazed at the function of their site.  We were able to compare multiple items flawlessly and despite  much debate locate an item we believed may reduce our overall need to pack everything including the kitchen sink. The cook station didn't immediately jump off the page for my wife. She had her heart set on a new rocker chair of which GCI Outdoors has an amazing selection. However, I was able to win her over after pointing out the endless options the Master Cook Station (AKA My Kitchen) Offers.

My Kitchen provides functionality as a table, a cook top, a drying rack, food storage, and does so taking up the same amount of space as a folding chair. Our first night in camp the dreaded dinner bell began ringing and my loving wife walked over to our new kitchen. After cooking, plating, and eating from this beast she looked at me and said, "Never again will I doubt your decision making about anything." (or at least thats how I remember it.) She actual was really impressed how this cook station had taking the stress out of meal time. With a built in sink we were able to cook, eat, and clean from a singular location and when done we could either fold it up and tuck it away or use it for evening activities.

As a pop up camper space is always limited and at a premium. The GCI Outdoor Master Cook Station not only met our expectations it surpassed them. This swiss army table will be a must have among all of our friends and the high quality of this product tells me that we will get to show it off for quite some time.

Campgrounds close to Pere Marquette Lodge. Is located just north of Grafton that has many food and drink and antique shops. Campground is on the Illinois River with the Mississippi River nearby. Park has a boat launch and harbor.  Campground has electric only and has a dump station. Most sites are spacious. Sites can be reserved on Reserve America.

This is a great park!

Only about a hour northwest of St. Louis. This is a great park to go to without driving for hours. There is plenty of nature to enjoy! There is a lake for swimming. There is also several nice hikes.