The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Filer City , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Filer City Camping Reviews
Nice and grassy

What I liked best about this park was that my children were not caked in dirt. While I understand that comes with the territory of camping, this campground provides a bit more of a grassy setting and offers a nice playground. The bathrooms were redone and are very nice! The thing I didn’t particularly like is how close you are to other sites. You are practically on top of each other. There are trails and a beach area as well as equine camping.

Great

Great place

Rustic camping at finest!

Dispersed camping and camp sites available. There are horse staging areas and hiking trails. The lake is nice, small enough for a kayak/ no motor boat, nice.

Good and bad

Some fun things for kids. Great pool, never seen a better pool at a camp ground comparable. Horseback riding was fun too. Campground I found to be tight, and it was hard to know where your site ended and other began. Water and electric ports were shared on one site so other campers were constantly on our site hooking up and adjusting. Maybe it was due to weather but the sites were full of dirt and dust that got everywhere over the weekend. My son loved the pool, but this was not my wife and I’d favorite campsite at all

Relaxing, current and fun

I haven’t been camping in years and was very apprehensive about this. This place was absolutely the best place and probably has ruined me for camping life. The shower stalls were individual and clean, the area was filled with campers and RV’s and everyone was SO friendly and the place was full of dog lovers. I would highly recommend this place to check out and know I’ll be back again!

Camping for everyone!!

Turtle Lake is a perfect mix of campers! Very family friendly, but spaced out well enough for privacy. They have a nice beach area and areas to fish. All sites provide a good amount of shade. We will definitely be staying here again! They also have a separate equestrian camping area that have water and electric hookup sites.

One of our ur favorites

This is one our favorite campgrounds that isn’t a state park. Clean, well kept, lots of trees. The lake is great for kayaking or small fishing boats. Office staff super nice. Small, but nice beach. We took my mom & nieces two years ago. Last year tried somewhere different and they asked to go back to Turtle Lake.

Great Place!

Great place to stay! Pit toilets and pump water stations. Beautiful lake with cool islands! Campsites are large and fairly separated! Can’t wait to go back!

All You Need

I absolutely love this campground. I’ve camped there twice this summer and each time I enjoy it. Lake Dubonnet Trail Camp has the basic rustic camping necessities. Outhouses near each circle, spickit with really good water, hiking trails, boat launch and even a nearby island you can kayak to and let the dogs roam free! (Mine sure loves it) The campsites themselves have lots of space, privacy and a fire pit. This place is the bees knees. I’ll be back. :)

Love this little place

Quiet, not populated, and beautiful views. I’ve solo camped here a few times and it’s great for early morning paddles and peaceful relaxation. There is a boat launch right near by, but most of the sites have their own path right down to the water. Rustic style camping which includes a picnic table and fire pit and there are a few vault toilets throughout the area. Self registration for $15 per night.