Camping in Batcheller

96 Reviews of 19 Batcheller, Michigan Campgrounds

evi L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Everything you need

I only spent a night here while passing through, but it's a very nice campground that's specifically suited to equestrians. This established and well maintained campground is free, and you can stay up to two weeks. There's a well kept pit toilet, 21 established campsites w/ firerings, and even a…

Month of VisitOctober
Lane H.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Beachwood

Beachwood is by far our favorite camping area in the state park. We visit once a year and it never disappoints.

SiteWhen we visited recently there weren’t any spot open so we stayed at a hotel.
Cameron The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

My favorite free campsite out of the 8 I’ve been to

So this place is awesome, big time. There’s picnic tables, fire rings, water available, a well maintained pit toilet, and 21 sites! The pine trees are amazing and the road in was super accessible. 20 min to town to restock with plenty of gas stations on the way.

K
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Good summer weekend destination

If you have any watercraft, this is a good weekender spot. The hike trails are easily traversed and if you ask the camp ranger at reception, you can also rent single or tandem kayaks for *quite a reasonable price in varying time blocks if you don't have any watercraft of your own - you just tell…

SitePoplar 76
l
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Close to dunes

Mainly RV’s. Little privacy. Shaded. It’s close to dunes which is its only saving Grace.

K
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Awesomesauce

Off the beaten path but has great rustic campsites with firepits and there are restrooms and fresh water close by in each circle we will be back

F
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Awesome Campground

This site provides a rustic wooded setting that's clean with a very friendly staff. Very wooded, clean restrooms, shower and laundry. Grocery store immediately off site within walking distance. Sand beach across the street on the shore of a beautiful lake or use the heated pool on site. You won't…

Kathryn N.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

First Time Impression

Stayed here 7 nights, Campground rules not followed by other campers (very sad that some campers do NOT know, or care, about "Campground Courtesy") & not inforced by Campground management. Quite time is 9 pm to 9 am, campers party & kids running all over until after 11 p.m. & LATER.…

• My Site # 32
Site#32
Kaitlynn B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Passable, but Buggy

The spots were quite close together and the name does not quite match the place. While I understand it is near the woods, it was extremely buggy and wish we visited the national park across the street instead. I liked that you could text with the site operator but caution the mannerism is very much…

A
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Hidden Gem

Love this place! Privately owned and operated. Nice little place.

Tobi W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Good place to stay for a few days

We stayed here in our van and it was just what we needed. I wish we had a place to dump our grey water, but otherwise it was an easy drive in and had fresh water.

Jason H.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Adventure abound

The campground and facilities are a little run down. Lake was very weedy, they haven't had rain in quite a while so lake was not in great shape. Staff could be more friendly. The gypsy moth caterpillars were everywhere.

Dawn H.
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Bad

Would not recommend this camp ground. Very rude employees. Very dirty campsites.

Cory B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Wonderful campground

I had a great time here. They have trails and water and they have showers and even a hot tub.

Sitei dont remember
Ann D.
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2020

Nice and grassy

What I liked best about this park was that my children were not caked in dirt. While I understand that comes with the territory of camping, this campground provides a bit more of a grassy setting and offers a nice playground. The bathrooms were redone and are very nice! The thing I didn’t…