About Munising / Pictured Rocks KOA
KoA
Munising / Pictured Rocks KOA is located in Michigan
7 Reviews of Munising / Pictured Rocks KOA
Rowdy and LOUD

If you want to drink beer, laugh really loud into the night and let your teenagers run amuck, this is your place! Not enough full hookup spots for the area. Staff does a good job with COVID-19 restrictions. They need to update their phone system so they can receive more than 1 phone call at a time.

We won’t stay here again.

Tight spots!

Sites were extremely close together. I’m glad this was a quick stay for us, as we were packed in like sardines. Typical koa offerings, pool, showers, etc… They are located near some of the most amazing country I’ve seen in the Midwest. We spent most of our time out hiking in the forest and we took the pictured rocks sunset boat tour. We wanted to kayak but I believe it was too soon for our youngest son. This was a great substitute but would like to redo this in kayaks in the future. This was a great time to visit as the stable flies and mosquitos were almost nonexistent.

Sites by the pool are awful

Every employee at this campground was amazing. All of the sites in the back of the campground were A+! I would NOT however recommend any of the sites near the pool. It’s incredibly loud and the sites are just feet from the waters edge. The trees also dropped thousands of little pellets that stained our brand new camper awning and all our pop out bed on our camper. I would stay at this campground if I was no where near the pool. Otherwise it was terrible.

Family friendly near Pictured Rocks

Average KOA- There were many tents and RVs but we had a rustic cabin for 3 nights. The bathrooms could use some attention as well as the playground, but an overall nice stay with easy access to Pictured Rocks hiking and the town of Munising

Intensely Windy

We were not prepared for Lake Superior gusts of winds. Literally had to put our kayaks on both sides of the tent. For people that can’t laugh that off, as we did, do not stay right on the water. I would go more towards the road. It was absolutely stunning, the hiking was awesome. Just to pitch a tent was about $30 a night. Not surprised for being in Pictured Rocks and on the water. They do have bathrooms/showers, fire wood, local stores etc. we went to this library/coffee shop. It was gorgeous. It took me about 10 minutes to fall in love with Munsing. Would go back when more prepared, yes it was my first time!

Easy yet breath taking hike

We went in September and it was still mildly warm, bugs were gone the only thing I would recommend is water proof hiking boots which is a must hiking in Michigan anyway.

Pictured Rocks KOA

The Munising / Pictured Rocks KOA. The least impressive KOA I have ever been to. The campsites are incredibly close. See that orange hammock? It’s not ours and is actually on the neighboring site. The sites are all dirt. Not Gravel. Not Grass. Dirt. It is going to be an extremely messy week of camping. The camp store is sparingly stocked, a few essentials, but nothing extra. The big upside is the heated pool. It was very comfortable even in the shade of the trees on a very windy day. Our camper is maybe thirty feet away from our neighbors and we face each other. The hookups are every other site so this forces the campers to always face each other. Overall a very underwhelming campground.