The best RV SITES camping near
Point Place , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Point Place Camping Reviews
Great Camping Coming Soon!

I stumbled upon this gem and can not wait until it opens! It looked to be close when I was there in October, but I'm sure the hurricanes that passed through delayed progress. Premium lake front spots, lake access, boat dock and slips, a restaurant and bar, bathhouses, etc. and the spots are all level concrete pads. The lake is pristine in this area and you can walk right to the "beach". Really excited for this place!

Best camping around!

South Toledo Bend State Park is located near Leesville on Toledo Bend lake. The lake is known for Bass Fishing and is listed as one of the best bass fishing lakes in the country. I’ve also read that the lake has great areas for scuba diving, if you are into that. The park is not far from Fort Polk, and offers nice opportunities for camping, hiking, boating, fishing, kayaking, etc. The campsites are mostly all heavily wooded, and spacious. Plenty of room between sites. They have several waterfront sites with hookups, but the I terror sites were nice also, and most have a lake view. The park has docks for fishing and boat launch, and a fish cleaning station. Theres a nice playground too. There’s also rental cabins that looked really nice. The park was still being cleaned up from hurricane Laura, but was still very nice. The best place to camp I’ve seen around this area!

Convenient to Fort Polk

Arlington RV park is located in Leesville, close to Fort Polk. The rv park is right off the road, and you can hear cars going by easily from anywhere in the rv park. This is a true rv park, but was fairly clean and maintained compared to others in the area. This is not a place to go if you are looking to have a nice relaxing camping experience, you would want to be on the Toledo bend lake for that, but would be sufficient if you have a camper and needed to be near the base, or in Leesville for some reason. Like several rv parks, Arlington has long term residents, with a few sites for people passing through.

Love this place

Most of the campgrounds here are great. We passed by Coyote Camp and there were a few hunters. This campsite is more primitive, but does offer man-made fire rings and vault toilets. There was a small amount of litter present, but not as bad as other places we’ve been. The roads are very easy to traverse.

We hiked along a few trails that were open (many have been closed due to covid maybe) and it was really fun, mostly flat hikes. Night time will bring about the coyotes and all their lovely howls, so be prepared for some noises come dark. Overall, if you want a peaceful place to relax with serene surroundings, definitely come here.

Good campground to return to annually

This camp ground is well kept. There is a nice beach and really nice fishing pears and dock. There is a large open pavilion to rent as well as an enclosed group building. Cabins and duplex housing are also an option. I prefer the pull through full hook up section but there are plenty of tent and RV sites with water and electricity. There are some short trails and an amphitheater is located near the bath house. I try to camp there once a year.

Over Time Downfall

This park has so much to offer but I notice the upkeep is less and less overtime. The “prime view” back in sites are fairly level and clean, Pull throw sites aren’t really level. Several of the plugs at the breaker box need replacement. Shower houses are in need of a desperate DEEP cleaning. I have stayed once a month for the past few months and hate to watch it not being taken care of. Fishing and boating are excellent and the park could be with some upkeep. I will re-evaluate my visit next month.

Pretty US Forest Service campground

I came here with a hiking club. It’s very popular with lots of different outdoors people. Hikers, backpackers, mountain bikers, fishermen and fisherwomen, families and all sorts of weekend warriors and day trippers were enjoying this place. It was hit by a tornado last year but is recovering. It has a lakeside beach, hiking/mountain biking trail and also connects with the Azalea Trail (popular with backpackers). It has a boat launch area with vault toilets. The campground has flush toilets and hot showers. Campsites have electric and water hookups. There’s a dump station nearby for overnight guests.

Great weekend getaway

We spent last weekend at Kincaid Lake Campground in Kisatchie. We stayed on Loop A. It was a much busier campground than we expected. Loop B was completely full when we arrived and Loop A had around 5 or 6 spots open. The camp host was very nice and stopped in to check on us about 30-45 minutes after we arrived. Each site had water and electric. Spots for the camper are asphalt and there is a picnic table, grill, fire pit and lantern post at each site. The campground was clean and well maintained. It was pretty quiet day and night, even though there were lots of families with small children and pets. We will definitely be back!

Nice place and helpful people

Clean and great sites

Great park

Site are humped on pull Thur sites so long rigs will have trouble leveling