The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Vicco , KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Vicco Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Vicco Camping Reviews
excellent beach area..

best beach, has gone thru some upgrades this year..

Not a good experience

In our trip from Arkansas to the east coast we reserved two nights here based on reviews. I’m sure COVID-19 had a lot to do with the park being in shut down mode but we found the park to be so bad we left after one night. Sites we were assigned were very difficult to get in, extremely unlevel and the sites were unkept and showed a lack of maintenance. We were there on 9/22/20 and the flying knat’s and bugs wouldn’t let you out of the door. My water hookup required a set of pliers to operate and the 30amp plug was installed upside down making it impossible to plug in due to the box being jacked up. Had to use the 50 amp plug/converter. We won’t be back. Hope things change for the better.

Great for climbers

Good bathrooms great cleaning area camp sites are not designated you just put a tent where you want and sleep over all good time

Beautiful little campground right along the river.

Mostly level gravel spots. Sites are close together. Block bathhouse that the spiders enjoy. Beautiful river. Lots of open space pets. This is very country setting. Friendly host.

Highly Recommend

Very nice campgrounnd! Very clean. Even the fire pit was cleaned out. Host came by within ten minutes to check us in, which was much appreciated. Stayed in Lover's Leep #8. Steep drive in, but easy back in to site. Highly recommend

Great Way to Getaway

The Breaks are considered the “Grand Canyon of the south”. Great mountaintop views, hiking, geocaching, kayaking, paddle boats, a zip line, and seasonal white water rafting all available. A few miles from the campground you’ll even find river access with a sandy beach for summer fun. A wonderful getaway when you want to be away from it all. Several campground sections to choose from with primitive sites to full hookup with electric, water, and sewer. Dump stations are available also. There are laundry facilities and bathhouses (didn’t use either so not sure on condition), playgrounds, picnic shelters, cabins, and inns. Each campsite had a fire ring and picnic table. Spots are definitely not level, so bring a variety of blocks—you’ll need them. No outside lights at the sites so when it’s dark it’s d-a-r-k. Beautiful campground.

Flag Rock Camoground

Great campground with biking/hiking trails and mountain scenic overlook. Clean bathhouses, picnic tables, fire rings, charcoal grills, and electricity provided. Quiet with great views. Fishing and kayaking are 1/2 mile from the campground. You’ll be climbing one of the highest mountains in Virginia to get there, so be prepared for the drive.

4/5 Labor Day weekend

Camp grounds were amazing. Staff was beyond friendly and professional. I knocked off a star only because of how close sites were together. Other than that everything was out standing. Anything we needed staff was able to accommodate.

Great Park

The campground itself is maintained better than any other state run campground I’ve ever been to.

The things one must take into consideration is that you need to bring ANYTHING you might need for groceries and there is limited cell coverage for ATT.

Beautiful place, easy kayak launch, clean restrooms and showers

We tent camped at one of the hike-in (it's a well maintained gravel path) sites at PLSP, #33. This is the first site on your way in. I was by myself with my son and dog so I felt more comfortable being here near the bathhouse. There are raccoons who like to eat so be sure to put your food up at night. The lake is really calm. There are boats coming in and out but not "traffic" per se, no issues at all kayaking and we went out several times. Fishing was good with rooster tails and panther martin spinners (silver), 1/8 and 1/16 oz. The water was down so there were a lot of places to paddle onto the shore and wade fish. There is some access right at the campground for littles to get in the water. I really recommend water shoes as there are some hooks/lures in the water. We never left the campground during the weekend, so I can't comment on the proximity to restaurants but it was only 5-8 min or so back to town. I had terrible phone service with Sprint here. We did have one new camper come in at 3am on Saturday morning to set up their tent and being so close to the entrance of the hike-in spots, I woke up. That was tough. When we go back, I'll pick a site further back up the hiking path and bring a wagon to tote our stuff. The staff at the gate are amazing and so friendly. The restrooms are clean. Three showers. NO ONE other than the tent campers seemed to use the bath house so I never waited for a shower or anything and there were several families tent camping and the rv sites were completely full. It's a really nice and safe place. I really recommend it and look forward to going back. One thing, the actual tent pad was 11x13 and seemed a bit small but worked fine for us.