The best TENT SITES camping near
Ozark , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Ozark Camping Reviews
Not a bad place to stay at all

Nice place, close to amenities but still feels like you’re somewhere very far.

Pros: tranquil, beautiful, waterfalls at several locations on site, views of the lake from every location and I mean every location, clean, flushing toilets

Cons: they close the gate at night but it isn’t locked. Almost thought we were locked out and was ready to turn around, bathrooms sort of have a feeling of a rest area public bathroom but just cleaner

All in all, I think we will try and come here again.

Absolutely delightful, clean, quiet campground near Mammoth Cave NP

We stayed at Singing Hills last weekend to celebrate my mother and father in law’s birthday’s and Easter. We stayed in site 17. It was perfect for our 35ft TT and room enough to park our TV in front. Our site was right next to the catch and release pond. We had a little bridge that crossed the creek from our main site to an additional space where our fire ring was. That area provided plenty of shade and quick access to the pond. It’s closely located to I65 south and many of the attractions in Cave City. The owner, Eldon, was such a pleasure to work with. They had a DVD lending Library and other camping needs in the office. There is a bath house and a well maintained dump station in the turn around by the pond. The camp ground was super clean and quiet. Everyone was in by 10. Eldon provided information about local favorites for food, attractions, church services and information about the closest urgent care facilities. My son caught his first fish that weekend and has been begging to go back already. If i could rate it 10 stars, I would. We will definitely be back sooner than later!!!

Site 32 - perfection!

Simple and small campground in a beautiful area. The sites are great. Bathhouse is simple but clean. No laundry. Wi-fi is questionable.

Great access to hiking trails and scenic overlooks.

One of the best sites and campgrounds we’ve enjoyed.

Close to Visitor Center, Trails and food

Loved  this place.  Less than 10 minute walk to the Visitor Center, restaurant, ice cream shop and camp store.  US Post Office on site will stamp your mail with the Mammoth Cave cancellation stamp.  Many sites are drive through, no electric or water at site, lots of trees so little solar power collection.  Large sites with space between. The caves are not fully open with COVID but the self guided tour was great.  Rangers around to answer questions.  Hiking paths are of every type, easy paved to  high rugged.  Wild life is mostly white tail deer, squirrels, chipmunks and birds.  Easily could spend a week here.

Highly recommended (sites 102/104, D Loop)

We stayed in sites 102 and 104 with 3 other families, and used a total of five 3-4 person tents. We had plenty of [level] room to spread out. Our sites backed up to hundreds of acres of uninhabited forest, while also being within short walking distance of the camp store and visitor center.

Sites were non-electric, and there were no receptacles to be found anywhere close, even at the conveniently located (and very clean) bathrooms. Bring Your Own Electricity, but please note the generator quiet hours. (Solar generators and power stations for the win.) Fire rings are very heavy cast iron with with very sturdy, adjustable-height cooking grates. They really put out some heat once you get the fire going, and are very easy to cook on.

They don't want you bringing in outside wood for obvious reasons, and they only sell compressed saw dust wood bricks at the camp store. They work well once you get the hang of them, don't smoke much at all, and keep you warm. However, at ~$7.50 for a case of 6 blocks, they can get expensive quickly if, like my family, you're the kind of campers that like a good fire.

Overall, park was clean, quiet, and each site has just enough space for you to ignore the people around you if that's what you're into. We love all of the cheesy tourist traps in Cave City, and love the centralized location between Nashville and Louisville--allows me to easily camp with close friends I have in both cities. Already planning on coming back regularly.

Great weekend

My son and I took a quick weekend trip here with a friend and his son. The campsites were spacious, bathrooms were clean, the cave was great, and there was some awesome hiking spots as well. We’re going to make this an annual trip.

Plenty to explore!

I enjoy the different cave tour options. Everyone is has always been very informative which makes the experience a great one. We did the Green river boat tour which was cool. We even enjoyed the ferry ride. I went backpacking here in January so there wasn’t many people at all which made it extra peaceful. Still plenty to do at the park so I’ll be back.

Amazing place with quaint cottages to stay in!

Highly recommend this trip and staying in the Mammoth Cave Lodge cottages! Close to the cave tours, Green River, and lots of hiking trails in the area!

Best access to big cave

The campground is standard run of fair, pretty spacious & woodsy. THE CAVE IS VERY BIG AND COOL. Reserve the all day guided tour with crawling about in small spaces for the best experience. Make sure your boots have enough tread or you won't be allowed to do the tour!

This is a CUTE campground!

This is a super cute campground.  Easily accessible and very clean sites!  There is a small barn with animals penned up so you can just walk up to the fence and pet them.  My wife and daughter loved that!  Great little dog park with a mini obstacle course.  We had a great little trip here and would love to come again for a longer stay!