The best TENT SITES camping near
Kirwin , KANSAS

Most Recent Kirwin Camping Reviews
Awesome campground

We had a great night here. I stayed while traveling for work.

Plenty of hot water for my shower

We pulled in picked our site filled out the envelope paid 20.00 and put it in the drop box and the receipt in the window. Site 7 the power was fine. The water was good pressure and site was nearly level. It's 43 degrees at 8pm so I'm not using AC and the microwave. 30 amp for my refrigerator and hot water and microwave is working fine.

Nice view

Stayed one night on my way through. Had a nice view of lake from my primitive campsite. Bring charcoal or wood if you want to use fire ring. Didn’t see any on-site. There are full hookup sites available and a boat launch. Largest Ball of Twine nearby 😀

pretty views, nice owners

snagged a lake front spot on a Wednesday night, drove right in. when we went to check out the next morning the lady said we didn’t have to worry about paying. bathrooms are clean + have pretty hot water. I would camp here again

One place to fill water tanks, boat dock, fish and cleaning station.

We came in late and the campground was almost full. They found a place for us to park a Jeep with a roof top tent. All places are flat and good parking and good grass for tents. Set up well. Showers could have been cleaner but ok. The wind blew hard across the lake.

Free Camping in Oxford

Nice Camping area in Oxford and the first night is free.  So if you are out west and need a nice quiet night of camping you should check it out.

My wife grew up along HWY 136 so we were committed to travel to the end of the line and stopped to check out a possible future camp site.  Looked good. Just off the Republican River

Nice state campground

Stayed here two nights in primitive site under a tree worked very well . But all services are there . Popular for fishing weekends. KS parks folk are organized and place is tip-top ! Good location off route 36 . Thanks for a nice stay

Desolate in winter

After driving the whole park, we settled on Kanza campground at a little loop near the lakefront. There are several campgrounds available for you to choose from, just make sure to watch the signs to make sure they have your type of camping available (ie rv, tent, etc.). There are fire pits. The rv hookup ones are really nice. There are a few nice ones scattered throughout the primitive, and some are just rock piles. Love the fact they have trash cans! A little sad but Understandably they have their bathrooms locked up (We visited on Jan 4th). They have a nice kids playground In this section, and a small beachfront as well. After driving around, we saw a few people fishing, one guy on a boat, and several cars driving through for what seemed like pleasure cruising. As the sun set, we seemed to be the only campers in the whole place! Our only complaints about the location is the scattered tree cover (windblock for fire-we solved by using our vehicle) and the bathroom situation. We would return in the future and recommend this for an easy spot for winter camping if you come prepared. Summer wise, it may be crowded based on the proximity of the camping spot layouts, but that just gives us a reason to come back. Happy Camping!

North Shore

Nice campground close to the marina!