the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
Potato Creek State Park - Family Campground is located in Indiana
9 Reviews of Potato Creek State Park - Family Campground
Good for the family

The campground is generally very full, so I would consider it a good place to get together with others, not a place to go if you need to get away from it all. We enjoyed the canoeing. The bathhouses could use some attention, but are definitely not the worst! We did have cell reception while staying there. There are playgrounds available to take your children to play on.

FUN FUN

This camp ground holds a special place in my heart! Because for years we would come to this camp ground a trail ride with everyone form 4H at the end of the year I think it was either august or september. It was alot of fun we had races through the trails to when prizes and all the rides we would go on! Really is a great camp ground will fit alot of peoples needs :)

Great weekend, Kayaking & bike riding

Nice lake for boating and fishing, great for bike riding. Campsites have really nice fire ring with grates for cooking as well as picnic tables.

Great place

We love camping here. Lots of sites to choose from. Enjoy kayaking, fishing and the bycicle trails.

Great peaceful setting with nice trails

Clean showers, maintained trails for hike or bike

father son church trip

went with about 50 people for a church camping trip awesome campground with lots to do

Family favorite

My wife and I come here every year since purchasing our travel trailer. We recommend securing a spot in the back sites 230-287 for larger lots and quieter atmosphere. Younger families tend to book up front near the playground and the noise and activities are more robust. Be ready with back up cords, some sites require 75 ft to hook up. With dog friendly beaches, beginner MTB trails and paved bike paths, this checks all our boxes. Natural wetlands abound, so definitely bring the mosquito spray. Typical Indiana Campground with basic amenities, older comfort stations and spotty WIFI. I like unplugging but sometimes work demands I respond promptly. Not too far from South Bend for city amenities, restaurants and supplies. Takes 10-15 mins to drive out of campground, so keep this in mind. Definitely keep coming back!

Activities for all seasons...

…although you probably wouldn't want to camp in the Indiana winter. I grew up coming here mostly to sled on the hills! But, there is a lot more to do. It surrounds Worster Lake and there are cabins, RV sites, and tent sites along with horse trails and bike trails. In the winter, there's sledding hills and ice fishing. The campgrounds are pretty standard, nothing special. If you live in the area, it's a fine little getaway.

Well Groomed, Not Much Privacy

We spend a weekend at Potato Creek State Park. It's about 2.5 hr drive from Chicago, so we decided to give it a try. Campsites are nice, but you literally can see and hear everything your neighbor is doing. Restrooms are clean. Well maintained. Tons of biking and hiking trails. No swimming in the lake, old boats for rent, if you are lucky, and come in the morning, you will get a 15 mph motor, otherwise paddles. I assume you can bring your own kayak or canoe. Lake has a sandy beach, but warnings about no swimming. One of those overcrowded places. Lot's of wetlands to see wildlife, mainly birds. and mosquitoes. Probably will not be going there again. Little boring. We enjoyed it more on a Sunday evening, when everyone left, and we had the whole campground to ourselves. It was nice not hear people, but the sounds of nature.