Clinton, ILLINOIS

Most Recent Clinton Camping Reviews
Quiet place

Stayed overnight here… it was fairly quick of the highway. Easy in and easy out. Did check out the facilities.

Quiet place

Nice park, spacious sites, bring plenty of water hose. The water faucets for fill up can be a bit far away.. Shower house was older but was heated and water was hot.. Definately will be back again.

The Kampground is no longer a last resort.

Never really wanted to go somewhere called "The Last Resort". Just seems like they didn't want to be your first choice. But now its called "The Kampground", and it's under new ownership. The new owner has really done a fantastic job of restoring this property which was formerly a church kids camp. The bathrooms were really clean, property well maintain, staff was extremely nice and hospitable, and the area is really quiet with neighbors far enough away that any noise we made went unheard. Thanks for everything Steve!

Lovely last camping trip of the season

Giving this 4 stars for the awesomeness of the sites themselves. We were in 121. All of the sites we saw in our “loop” were super wide, all gravel and quite level. So well kept…..fire pit with grate, large picnic table….really, the site couldn’t have been better. Beautiful views of the lake! Just all-in-all a well maintained park. So, why not 5 stars? I really wanted good shore fishing and not only was it a long walk, but really not very good/easy to get to, or comfortable standing once you get there. Beautiful dog parks….one for large dogs and one for small, but again, a long walk from the campground. Not feasible for our older dog. One other thing, absolutely no lighting at night along the campground roadways. After dark, we watched a truck go into the ditch looking for the turn out (granted, the occupants sounded like they were well into partying), but the pitch darkness at night made it feel a little unsafe, especially walking the dog after dark. Still, the sites themselves are awesome.

Campground with service on a lake

Nice big campground on a lake!! Flat sites and reasonable price.

Needs a little sprucing up

This is a pretty area on the Evergreen Lake with mature trees and open spaces. The area I camped in had large spaces between the sites which was nice, but there was no foliage to provide privacy or sound buffering. I could hear one campers entire angry phone conversation. On the plus side, the stars were amazing.

The pad at site 38 was gravel and uneven with electric only. Good electric though. There was a picnic bench and a fire pit, but the bench had been pulled over the pit which was odd. The dump station was also strangely located. It was down the road from the park. The bathrooms have seen better days and so have the sites I viewed. It’s sad because this park looks like it was a real beauty in it’s prime.

Nice and quiet campground!

Nice and quiet campground, we stay there during the Illinois State Fair every August and it is about 20 mins away from the fairgrounds. Only down fall is there needs to be more rock on the sites, the sites get muddy after a rain!

Large RV Park

FHU, shower house, no laundry but there are small towns close by that have stores, gas, and laundry facilities. On Saturday night they offer classic country music free. Special events throughout the summer. Two fishing ponds. No license required. Catch and keep. Nice big areas with playgrounds for kids. Bouchée ball courts.

Inexpensive

Quiet but tight spots. Along the Illinois River. Includes showers and laundry house.

Clean campground right on the lake!

Beautiful state owned campground that is well maintained and has everything you could want including mostly shaded sites that are level and have plenty of room and many sit right on the lake. There are even cabins to rent in the hickory point campground.

Nice sites, amenities ???

Nice size sites, with plenty of shade. Fishing, hiking, etc. They have a beach with fee access. The shower house could use a fresh coat of paint, bathrooms could use a thorough cleaning. They use to have camp hosts, no longer do.

Words Can’t Describe This Place!

Great weekend except for the rain this morning. Can’t say enough about the hosts at this campground they are wonderful! They came through this morning during the storms just to check on the tent campers on their day off! You don’t see that most places! Only bad thing is the federal government has chose to close this campground for the next camping season which is horrible for this area! Please contact the local Us Representative to say please save this campground!

Great Place To Get Away

My first time was ruff.. just for the fact I brought my two youngins and my two dogs..That was a lil overwhelming but I did enjoyed myself.. definitely looking forward to going back..possibly without the kids or dogs

Quick getaway

Great camp host!  Bathrooms are ok.  This is a small campground and park.  Never had a bad time here!

Another adventure

I thought the campsites were crammed together.  The primitive looked nicer but we were in our camper and wanted electric.  It’s a nice place but I like a little more space.

Nice camping in Shelbyville

We always enjoy ourselves here.

Beautiful campground with lake views

Very beautiful park.  Nice space between camp sites and lots of views.

One of our favorite places to camp!

We love camping here for the beauty of the lake. Had fun kayaking here too. Usually the bathrooms are cleaner than this last time which is why I gave it a 4 star. If you want a lake spot, make a reservation way in advance.

A wonderful campground

Enjoy the many beautiful shady spots and a few full hooks. The shower houses are very clean and a really nice big beach.

Great place to hike

Lots of fun trails with great views! Most trails are accessible from the parking area. Good for pictures at sunrise and sunset!

Beautiful clean state park!

If you love fishing or enjoying sunsets on a quiet lake then this campground is for you. Spacious shaded sites with many sitting right on the lake. There are even cabins to rent if that’s more your speed!

Wonderful State Campground

This is a wonderful campground with drive in availability, equestrian camp and reservable sites!  The have great camp hosts Dave and Sharon on the reservable side that will help out in anyway and are so friendly!  This campground also has boat access and a beach and hiking trails.   It is built into the woods so most lots are very shady and all are very level.

Extremely clean

Can tell they take pride in cleanliness of sites, parks, and bathroom. Nice pool.

Great little park

Great camping and great fishing. Scenic little park. Tent and trailer camping here, but the real reward is in the primitive backpacking sites. Highly recommend.

Nice but...

It’s a nice campground but it’s usually insanely busy. Holidays are crazy. I’ve heard people say you can sometimes get a nice, fairly secluded spot but I haven’t had the patience to try. We honestly try to avoid large crowds.

Great place to stop or stay

Our daughter stays there in our camper to attend summer internship in Springfield. The camp hosts passively look out for her and have been willing to help if she should need it. Shower house is clean, camp ground is well run, they even escort you to your site so that your facing the right way and take a route that best suites your rig. Most are shaded and almost all are pull through. Full hook ups. Nice in ground pool and laundry facilities.

Tight Squeeze!

Stayed here in early June during a trip to Starved Rock, which is a quick 10-15 minute drive. Camp hosts are very nice and the the grounds well maintained. I stayed on site 5 which is a full hookup but best for a small camper. I have a 14 foot travel trailer and it just fit with my SUV in front. The spots are very tight and you have very little room between you and your neighbor. With all the rain this year, many sites flooded during a storm while we camped and they had to be moved to other areas that were not actual sites so it was a bit crazy…hosts did a great job taking care of everyone effected. Campground has a cute dog park and a beautiful stream that runs through it. I would stay here again!!

Camp Ground for Fishermen

Large body of water. Not really clean enough to enjoy swimming. Campsites are a little cramped. We have stayed here a few times with our camping club.

There is a boat club near by. Gibson City has a great drive in movie theater and German Restrurant. Gibson is about 20 minutes from the camp ground.

Only electric hook ups.

Great Week-end Get-a-way

Campsites are the perfect size.
Showers are clean & the water is hot. Trails are well kept & new fishing decks are wonderful.

Nice family place

Nice place no alcohol. 'Lake' has had a lot of algae over the last couple years