Yellowjacket Guard Station is a historic Forest Service Ranger Station and Work Center. Originally constructed in 1925 and remodeled in 1934 by the Civilian Conservation Corps, the structure is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hikers, horseback riders, mountain bikers and off-road enthusiasts will find many trails in the surrounding area. Hunting is also a popular activity. Click here for an Idaho OHV safety message
The spacious guard station can sleep a maximum of four people in two bedrooms, with a double bed and one single bed. No linens or bedding are provided. The living room contains a couch, wood stove, table and chairs. The small kitchen is equipped with a propane range/oven, a propane refrigerator and sink, but no running water. Guests must bring their own drinking water, as well as dishes, utensils and cookware. The guard station is eqiuped with propane lights and a vault toilet is located outside.
The guard station sits in the Yellowjacket Mountains within the Salmon-Challis National Forest in Idaho. The sizable front porch awards views of the scenic mountain meadow surrounding the station. A dense conifer forest covers the mountains and a few aspens dot the landscape. Beagle Creek flows nearby.
Bighorn Crags, Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area and Panther Creek.
ADA Access: N