Equestrian
Water Unknown
About Wolf Flats Recreation Area

Wolf Flats is a dispersed, undeveloped camping area with 25 locations to camp. Some areas are large enough to accommodate groups of 50 people.* MAP of designated campsites

Location: 40 minutes east of Idaho Falls; 6 miles past Heise Hot Springs off the Snake River Road

Bureau of Land Management
Hike In
Wolf Flats Recreation Area is located in Idaho
Directions
40 minutes east of Idaho Falls; 6 miles past Heise Hot Springs off the Snake River Road.
3 Reviews of Wolf Flats Recreation Area
Off-season, nice

I spent the night here on a cross country road trip with just me and the dog. It was free which was awesome. It was deserted which was both great and unnerving for a single newbie camper. We woke up to snow and had a great dawn hike on the hike/bike trails. The campsites are well-loved/worn and some were under water/mud. Because it was both off-season/midweek, it didn't matter at all, as I could pick almost any site.

Beautiful!

It's a very dusty and gravely road. But the sites are beautiful. We got one right on the river not far from vault toilets. We are in a spot that is 3 different sites, but could easily be a large group spot. Firepita. Easy access to river. It's moving a little fast early September. But it's refreshing in the heat. There is no garbage pickup, so there is a small amount of litter. Very quiet.

Awesome Spot, Noisy Neighbors

Driving down to Wolf Flats is beautiful. It is forested with a butte on one side, and the snake river on the other. The campsites are somewhat primitive, but we like that. The location was beautiful and we loved the spot. However, it is a free campsite. This is nice, but I think this tends to bring in rowdy neighbors. Everyone was nice enough, but a group showed up at 9pm blaring music for at least a coiple of hours. I can't say this happens every night, but it did with us. Other than the late night noise, this was an awesome spot.