Camping in Golden Meadows

Recent Dispersed Reviews Near Golden Meadows, Georgia

361 Reviews of 29 Golden Meadows, Georgia Campgrounds

Misty M.
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Nice location near lake lanier

Took my parents camping at Bald Ridge and we are all living the trip. Site #78 is at the back of the grounds so it’s quiet, secluded and there is a pathway to the lake which is just though some trees and viewable from the site. No bugs for us.

Ava C.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

beautiful campground

This was actually my first time ever camping out of a rv, easy hookup and nice space for rv/fire/table and then some. I had a campground with a lake front view and u couldn’t be more content. If you want a really good view I recommend camp site 07/08/09 I’m at 09.

R
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Have stayed here multiple times and have never had a bad experience. Quiet and clean

Month of VisitNovember
S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Awesome lots off the water

We had a great time summer camping with our boat, RV, friends & kids! Would definitely recommend booking early snd getting one of the lots that slopes down to the water.

Site38 I think
Marty A.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Friday the 13th campout

While most of my camping trip was spent at camp Daniel Morgan, I did stay a night at the public campground. The facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were extremely clean. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Great overall experience.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Allatoona Landing Campground

We stayed at site #23 for 3nights. Notice - the campground entrance is located between 2 railroad crossings and each have low ground clearance and located in turns (the turns seemed to help a bit rather than a straight on approach) - also the trains run pretty close by the campground roughly on…

• Grey water dump location
Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Relaxing

We were able to get a last minute spot during Labor Day. It was packed. Spacing is nice. Facilities are clean and staff is friendly.

• i couldn’t wait to get my cast iron skillet on the fire.
Ursula B.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Redtop campground

Beautiful and quiet camping on the water! Campgrounds are clean and well kept with friendly keepers. We loved our camping trip and thoroughly enjoyed the trails and walking trails that cut through the campground Iron Hill.

Sitecan't remember back of campgrounds on the water in a camper back in spot
Month of VisitDecember
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Quiet, well kept campground with lots of activities

Awesome campground located about 15min off of I-20.
Fantastic golf course that I didn't get to play unfortunately.
We stayed at the "buddy site" with our 37' Mallard and my Father-in-law's Winnebago. Though the layout of the site didn't quite make sense, the kids and dogs loved having everyone…

• One buddy site on the campground (#45). Our 2021 Mallard on the right, Father-in-law's 1978 Winnebago on the left!
  • The creek runs right behind the buddy site and my daughter caught her first fish there!
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Very relaxing

My wife and i did the walk in tent camping. We had a nice, relatively secluded spot. This area of Lake Lanier is pretty quiet. Great fit kayaking or paddle boarding.

E
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Great spot but few issues

We were at spot #61 and the view and privacy was fantastic. We originally were in spot “v” but their electricity stopped working. no shade whatsoever at 61 and ANTS, ants everywhere. They managed to get in our vehicle and they swarmed our toddlers car seats. They managed to invade our camper also.…

• beach area
  • spot 61
Karen C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Weekend Getway!

We arrived in the afternoon on a Friday at spot 59 with reservations via Reserve America.  We checked in with Terry & Mike the camp hosts located on spot 1.  They are very personable and helpful.   On Saturday morning, the visitors center is about a mile from the campground, we took a morning…

• on the lake
  • Space 59
  • Visitors Center
SiteSite 59
D
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

All types of camping

They have water Front camping on the weather and Forrest for RV’s of all sizes pull through and back in . Full hook-ups and dump station to boot . Also tent camping .

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Nice but Close

The campground is nice and well kept; however, the sites are a little too close together.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Confusing check in

Beautiful sites but we gotta there at 5.... Told open till 10. Visitor check in closed and no directions on how you get in. Campground ended up being a few miles from check in. We weren't given coffee to get in gate.... Signs once in were one way but you couldn't tell where they wanted you to go.…