Equestrian
No Water Hookups
Princess Place Preserve is located in Florida
9 Reviews of Princess Place Preserve
Beautiful and Mosly Well-Maintained

Equestrian campsites are nice and spacious, most sites are fairly big-rig friendly. The equestrian campsites have a garbage or two, fire ring, pick ick table, 14 x 14 pen (uncovered but must are shaded), and some have a high-line (though ill strung). Most of the pens are kept in good repair, unfortunately my gate was off its hinges and had rusted sharp edges. I ended up wrapping it so my horse didn’t lacerate himself; this was a bit disappointing to see such disrepair in an otherwise pristine campground. Another pen had a dead and potentially dangerous limb hanging right over the area which was also unsafe. The bathrooms at the equestwian site were recently repainted and looked acceptably clean. Not the best I’ve seen but the update now makes them much more user friendly and less grimy. The grounds and trails are always very well kept. Would like to see the wild hog population controlled a bit more as we ran into a large group and saw the extensive damage the pigs left behind.

Beautiful Preserve

I stayed at Princess Place Preserve from 10/23-10/27 and cannot wait to return. You’ll see from the photos (all taken from my site) that the sites are expansive and beautifully shaded. I stayed in equestrian site 1 (EQ1) and was amazed by how much space there was and how far we were from others. This site was across from bathroom/shower (convenient & clean) but be sure to bring your own water - the water provided is non-potable. You can collect firewood as well but plan on bringing some of your own. The rangers were incredibly kind and I felt very safe. Surrounded by stunning, natural Florida habitat! We saw deer more frequently than we saw other humans lol. My dog & I were truly at peace here!

Beauty in tranquility

What a beautiful and quiet place! The campsites are spacious, spread out and on the water. The park has a small but adequate shower facility, clean campsites and plenty of wildlife.

Tent Only Bliss

This place is amazing and I am hesitant to even give it a review because it is one of my special spots that I go a few times a year. Waterfront campsites well space depart with complete seclusion and peaceful views! Launch your boat from your site, fish and enjoy. There are creeks meandering all through the preserve for paddleboard and or kayaking. There are hiking trails and horseback riding trails and a cool old house once owned by a princess.

Felt like a Princess!

We chose Princess Place Preserve to celebrate my girlfriend’s 60th birthday. She had not camped in years. It was a fantastic perfect choice.

It’s obvious Princess place is lovingly cared for by the Rangers and administration. Everything is designed to provide a peaceful enjoyable experience. It is spacious and beautiful with so much to do.

It is primitive camping. Water is non potable so bring plenty . You are allowed to gather wood if it has fallen, however it’s a good idea to buy some locally as none is sold by the campground.

There are showers and flush toilets. The Ranger who was working when we were there was really helpful. He gave us a private tour of the historic buildings because no tour was scheduled during our stay.

Palm coast and Flagler beaches and towns are great and nearby for a days adventure off camp.

Go for it !

Expansive. Magical. Perfect example of Florida beauty.

This beautiful park has tons of history and it is huge and beautiful. The long sandy drive in with the towering pine trees sets the tone. There is a waterway that runs through it and you cross a gorgeous wooden covered bridge to get to the Rangers Station. The campsites on are on the water and all include a picnic table, grill, fire pit and garbage can. I did the Hominy Trail which is 2.5 miles long and was well marked. There was gorgeous Live Oak trees with Spanish Moss hanging down, an adorable wild field full of white butterflies and an Eagles Nest Viewing Area.

Beautiful campgrounds

Princess Place Preserve is a beautiful campground for short overnight camping or even longer stays. It's off the beaten path sky there is very little traffic in the park compared to other local parks. PPP's camp sites have docks where you can pull a boat up if you are fishing. Some of the tent campsites are directly on one of the small rivers that empties into the Intercostal. Some of the sights only have a Porto potty but there are showers and full service restrooms a short drive away. Both tent and hammock camping is allowed!

Private Campsite with your own Dock!

This campground has 2 dock sites. We stayed at Dock Site 2 in May. The site has a place to launch kayaks or a canoe. All sites are pet friendly. There are multiple hiking trails, and plenty of places to fish. Dock Site 2 had water on 2 side of the site, and had a steady breeze during our whole visit. Our site had multiple picnic tables, a fire ring, and a charcoal grill. Sites are reserved well in advance, especially for the weekends so book early.

Perfect. Trees, privacy, small (book early!). Great nature immersion, plentiful kayaking in area. Do it.

Year 2021 Flag