Standard (Tent/RV)
No Water Hookups
Contact
Cr 47 is located in Colorado
10 Reviews of Cr 47
Great free dispersed but noisy

It had a decent amount of traffic (dirt bikers, atvs, hikers, etc.) you follow the road until you see a dirt parking lot on the left. It was still a beautiful spot but I was not expecting it to be loud in the morning (all of the people). We just parked in the lot and hiked a little bit down the path to a nice spot and set up a tent. It had a lot of nice trees and nature. The drive wasn’t bad. We made it in our Prius! No phone service or utilities. Lyons is a cute little town close by to explore.

Busy and a lot of trash

Showed up on a Saturday and there was cars everywhere. Like others have said a lot of trash. Probably my least favorite spot I’ve stayed that I’ve used this app for.

Low & Slow

Stayed here for a night. This is a popular mountain bike area and at the initial arrival to the camp there is a turn off for trails and the other side is for camp. Unsure how many spots there actually are, at a certain point you NEED high clearance 4x4. Although, plenty of sites available prior to that point. Entirely primitive camping. There are no facilities: Water, toilets or power. No ATT phone service as well.

Beware of mice!

Beautiful sunset and star show but had to pack up early and head home because of all the mice! Not worth ruining a nice tent over 😬

Relieving Experience

Was a great two night stay here. The roads leading up to the actual site has a lot of loose rock & bumps but not too bad for my 1997 camper. There is a ton of chipmunks so be cautious.

Decent spot, far removed!

This will be one of few free camping spots around Rocky Mt. National Park. The road in begins easy but gets more difficult as you get onto National Forest Land.

Things to know: •Zero Cell service •20 minutes south of Estes Park/RMNP •Come prepared, there is nothing around. My only complaint- •Beware of mice!! I ended with nearly ten mice up in my engine bay, wheel wells, and bumper. They had my dog going nuts and had me worried they may tear up my wiring. We drove off for a while then returned to a spot a little further down near the trail head that wasn’t as wooded.

GPS Coordinates to the road, continue up further from this point: 40.24993,-105.41139

Cr 47 primitive campin’

Nice spot. A little noisy because of dirt bikers and atvs but a great spot away from the city! Once you take 47 you go down the road that says “no outlet” and a little way down you will see a dirt parking lot on the left. We parked there and camped down the trail there. No fires due to a fire ban unfortunately. Our Prius made it through the gravel/ dirt road there and we don’t have 4 wheel drive just an fyi. ⛺️❤️

Big Elk Meadows on CR-47

There is a lot of foot and bicycle traffic by day and unless you hike out a ways to set up camp, you'll probably be within earshot of another group of people camping nearby. Either way though, it's still a great place for a quick weekend campout.

Awesome view

We camped here one weekend. You won’t be able to get to these sites without a car with four wheel drive. We drove up to some of the higher spots with an awesome view of mountains, a lake and Longmont in the distance. Campsites are free with large spaces. A couple cons are that’s there are no bathrooms and you cannot have fires in boulder county at this time.

Beautiful View but so much trash

These are free primitive sites. We saw about six sites, but there may be more. High clearance and 4 wheel drive is a must! We chose a site in a harder to get to spot because the other sites had so much trash and broken glass. It seems locals camp out, target practice and drive dirt bikes and four wheelers in the area A LOT. We went on a beautiful hike and the place was quiet at night.