The best TENT SITES camping near
Rancho Calaveras , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Rancho Calaveras Camping Reviews
Great fishing

Spent the night at my usual fishing spot and had a great time. Staff is friendly and food is good.

10/10

Been coming here for our annual family camping trip for years now and love this place. The staff is always friendly and willing help. Will be coming back in the future.

One open spot. This is for permanent Trailers. Saw only 2 RV’s

Only one spot was open, and it looked like the electric panels had been tempered with. Wouldn’t recommend. Trash everywhere. No parking spaces.

Nice Place in a bad part of town

Surprisingly nice spot here. All the hookups necessary. Not much space per site, but real close to the freeway, a bunch of stores, and most importantly… an IHOP!

Beautiful secluded peninsula

Some of my favorite campsites. Awesome in spring where the flowers and grass are POPPING. A lot of awesome trails and little environmental signs to walk around and learn about the area. Highly recommend!

Quick Camping

Woodward is our family go to place to camp in the summer heat. Lots of campsites with room for tents or RVs. Fire pits and picnic tables at each site. Plenty of bathrooms, some with showers. Usually somewhat clean. Water feels good when it's 100+ degrees outside. Good prices. And you can bring your dogs.

On the Bay

Nice park. Very quiet in late Nov. Bathrooms were closed. Couldn’t Find any trails. Good for one night.

Pricey but fun for kids

Mini train ride around park, great playground, mini golf, showed movie and a lot more awesomeness. Was not cheap but kept the kids entertained. Will be going back.

AWESOME SPOT WITH GREAT GRASS & SHADE AND WATER ACCESS

Good for camping on the delta with green grass and close to the boat spots

Threw a crappy rave here

Back in 2012 a few former friends and myself had all convinced our parents to let us go camping with each other we were all about 18 or 19 and what we didn't say was that we had sent out mass invites for a rave/furry meet. We were all unprepared, had no sound set up, ran out of essentials and food…. We had one giant bonfire and they and the either Rangers or Sheriff's showed up (it might have been both) just as we had finally figured out our sound and told us to shut it down. They gave us a warning about the fires and allowed us to get permits on the spot while they were there. They said they didn't care if we were going to party but to leave no trace of us being there. Its a beautiful spot but after that experience, I'm probably not going back there. Our campground was AAAALLLLLLL the way in back end of wherever camp sites ended. So we had that entire area to ourselves. Driving over ditches, driving up and on the side of the mountains in order to avoid random debris in our cars path…. Yo this place might have actually be trying to me. Looking back it all seems dangerous however, the spot we were at, had rocks that if you claimed all the way to the top, you get an incredible view over looking the river behind our tents and beyond. Good chill place to go smoke weed and watch either the Sunset or Sunrise. Then again, just because it was beautiful isn't going to make me forget this place really did try and kill me.

My rating--4.4/5 Well done Beavers.

I don't have pictures anymore due to many factors primarily because this was way back in 2012 and its now 2020. I wouldn't even know what computer to start up and look at…* Instead please enjoy one of my many all time favorite pictures ever