The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Leduc Acres , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Leduc Acres Camping Reviews
Wonderful campground! Don’t miss the waterfall!

We love this campground! There are 9 different sections to stay in. The farther back you stay the better in my opinion unless you like a bit more going on. The trails are perfectly maintained and you can go around the whole lake in 9miles. The hike to the waterfall is wonderful and depending where you start depends on length. You have to see it though! 33ft and the perfect spot to swim when it warms up. I can’t wait to be back. Their campground is a great spot for a family trip. Beautiful scenery, good folks, and a great time.

Camping among the Joshua Trees outside of Yucca Valley

We spent 5 nights at this national park campground hopping from site to site (this is all we could do with reservations really hard to get). At this time the campground is only by online reservations. Best site was the last #29. Campground has flushing toilets, no showers as usual for national parks. Dump station is also available. Good AT&T cell reception.

Nice Location just outside the main part of Joshua Tree National Park

It was a very nice camping location however there is virtually no signage to direct folks to a campsite number- very poor . The roads are paved, but are in horrible condition.

Sites vary in size. Make reservations on recreation.gov and make sure the site you pick is adequate in size for your vehicle. Many sites are pull through, although mine was a bit tight to pull in due to a Joshua tree and vegetation on one side. The site was fairly large and nice picnic table.

Public restrooms' are available and Wi-Fi is available near the main building.

This is a nice location if you want to be close to shopping and also close to the main entrance to the National Park.

Nice spot, but I prefer the walk to Long Lake campsites

Right by kidd lake. More amenities than Long Lake sites, but not quite as remote/pretty

Hidden jem

I guess it’s a 5 minute uphill walk from the PCT and is hidden (plus not on PCT maps) so it’s relatively unused for non-locals. Always find something fun here left behind. 8 bunks. Some counter space. Wood. And a nice privy

Ate some grubb at this hut

Also… got rid of some grubb here too. Nice bathroom. Fun historical place a nice hike away from Castle Peak and far enough away that you don’t get the crowds. Kitchen, firewood, fireplace, and a bunch of bunks

Quiet, nice pool area, many cycling opportunities

I brought both my mtb and road bike. On my mtb I followed Badger Hill Rd which is a gravel road that gradually descends 500 ft over 2.5 miles through the forest then turned right onto a trail just prior to a bridge crossing a creek.  The trail follows the creek for awhile before it looped back to the campground. 34 mile round trip road bike ride passes many Apple Hill farms and uses a nice paved bike trail into Placerville. Routes to Jenkinson Lake also an option.

Camp here twice.

We live close by so going to camp in Sly Park, seems weird. However, I have had at least two kids camping trips here. Sly Park lake is great! We love kayaking on it, especially to the waterfall. It has vault toilets and they are pretty clean. I like that Chimney is close to the water however, this location really does not have a beach. It can be quite busy at times as it is also a day use area.

Love, love, love!

This was a pretty big campground, and it was pretty full when I got there. But, the campsite I stayed at (45) was tucked far enough back from the loop road and had tons of bushes, so I felt like I was the only one there. There were rv's with larger groups on either side of me, but I couldn't hear a thing. The hiking trail was right behind my site, and I took full advantage of it, wandering through the backcountry. It was short drive to lake, like 5 min. With as many people as there was in the campground I thought there would be lots of people on the lake. Not so! I shared the lake with only a couple of other people. It was an amazing camping trip!

At the top of the world

Its quite a white knuckle drive but worth it. Campsites are close together but most appear to use campers. The Rubicon is close so there are many 4 wheel Jeeps and modified trucks rolling in and out.