Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 30 ft.
Joshua Tree/Indian Cove is located in California
6 Reviews of Joshua Tree/Indian Cove
best time of the year 2020

The best place to watch the stars at night over a fire pit with good company. I only stayed one night but my heart stayed in that place. Might make it a once a year appearance. :)

Beautiful Joshua Tree Campground

We stayed at campsite 50 in October with two young kids (2 and 4). Tent camping.

Pros: the views, the beautiful rocks, clean sites, friendly ranger, rocks that could give you some relief from sun if you’re lucky enough. Great area for bouldering from entry level up. Site 50 had low rocks that were doable for my 2 and 4 yo. The rest were way too advanced.

Cons: no park entrance from here. You have to drive 20/30 minutes out to the main road and back in to get to the main area of the park. The campsite next to us had some nasty anthills. Some of the campsites are set up a bit odd depending on your equipment, could or could not be a big deal. For example we were sharing a parking space with campsite 51 and their site was walking in behind ours. So if they had had an RV I think it would have been impossible. Site 50 was right across from the vault toilet which was great for proximity (and toilet was clean as far as these go) but every once in a while we’d get a whiff of out house which is not pleasant. Wasn’t too frequent so not a big deal but if you want to avoid stay further away from toilets.

Get water at the entrance gate to the cove. That’s the only water hook up near by. Picnic tables and fire ring in each site. Vault toilets. No showers. No Joshua trees here but tons of Mojave yuccas and other desert plants. Beautiful views and sleeping under dessert sky and stars.

Good NP Campground

Great night sky campground, pit toilets, campground surrounded by scaleable rocks to scramble on, great for kids and novice rock climbers.

Fabulous and scenic but plan ahead for water

This was an amazing place to camp for us. There are limited sites in the National Park itself. We did have to drive out to the highway and enter into the park on another road but that was o.k. We stayed three nights and used the 29 Palms Marine Corp base to dump our tanks as we are military. There isn't a dump station at this campground and you can only fill up with water at the small ranger entrance building. It takes a little bit of planning but wasn't a big deal to us. Will return.

Convenient and Beautiful

During my trip, the campsites were first come first serve, and since I arrived on a Monday evening, I got a great spot with views in both directions. Convenient restrooms and amazing stargazing. The landscape is incredible and the wildlife is active. Awesome campground!

Great scenery, pet friendly!

This place was the perfect campground as far as I’m concerned. It wasn’t busy at all when we were there in May. The sites are tucked into the rocks which block wind and kept us nice and warm at night. Bats flew just overhead for a couple hours and I thought it was magical! Restrooms were clean and just a short walk away. What I loved best was that it was pet friendly! My dog loved it as much as I did! Definitely will be back to camp in this spot.