Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 30 ft.
Red Rock Canyon is located in California
12 Reviews of Red Rock Canyon
Cool rock formations!

My husband and I camped here for a few nights during Thanksgiving with our 2 dogs.  Such a beautiful campground! We arrived on Wednesday afternoon, and it was about half full, but looked mostly full by the time we left on Saturday.  It is first come first served.

It was definitely cold at night, which we were prepared for, though not prepared for a very windy day that happened while there.  Lots of blowing sand, even got in our tent.  We luckily got a site away from the road, so less blowing sand from people driving by.

We were right next to the nature trail, which was great to have to get some exercise and nice views.

Lots of off roading trails in this park, so would be paradise with anyone coming to do that!

Majestic rock formations

It's super dusty, not too much shade until the sun goes behind the hills but we have camped here in our RV twice because it's so unusual. As the sun comes up the light changes on the rocks and makes for stunning pics. Lots of birds feeding at dusk, very quiet unless you have noisy neighbors. Camp sites are nicely spread out but you must drive very slowly as there is so much dust. Great hike up the ridge and a small nature trail that's easy walked.

What a beauty...

This was such a nice surprise to finally get to stop by. I’ve just never seen anything like this place. The campground is so well kept but the views are just spectacular! The campground is complete with a seasonal visitors center (with firewood), a general picnic area, restrooms, designated dumpster areas and developed campsites with fire pits. This is for the rugged campers at heart, as this can be a tough and hot place to camp in Summer months. This is an OHV haven but the rates are so high, folks stopping in tend to have more respect for their neighbors and class, as a result. Lots of trails here and from what we were told… fossils! So much history and worth the stop, if the desert sits well with you. Rates are $25 a night with some discounts for seniors but there’s also options to just stop in as well and utilize the picnic area. Again, just stunning…. this is a must see for those that are in wonder of nature!

Great dry camping

Great park we bring our atv’s endless trails to ride and hike.we go there about 2 to 3 times a year,and will keep going best time is the spring with mild temp and desert flowers blooming.

Ricardo campground

Such an amazing spot! It was crowded on a holiday/lunar eclipse weekend. The red rock canyons surrounding the campground are reminiscent of Arizona or Utah desert. Great for hiking, photography, star gazing, climbing and off roading. Dog friendly. I'm not a huge fan of being close to fellow campers but some spots are tucked deep enough against the rocks it feels more private. There is a visitor center with Wi-Fi, had limited service from my spot. Safe, clean and really beautiful!

Nice place

Cool place but not much to do. Toilet are compost toilets so the restrooms are smelly

Solid Campground

Camped one night here before heading up to Mammoth. Popular spot for nearby off-roading.

Great views of rock formations, and large group-friendly campsites. Can hike along the floodplain.

Be sure to bring a warm sleeping bag for fall nights. I used a cheap sleeping bag from target and I have never been so cold in my life.

Desert camping on the moon..

I only gave it four stars because in the summer it’s HOT! The Rock formations are out of this world, my daughter asked if we were on the moon, we all had a good laugh. Water was accessible in serveral locations throughout the park along with restrooms. The park did have its own visitor center with a small museum inside. There were also several hiking trails located throughout the park. Dogs permitted on leash. The Park also had a picnic day use area that was very nice. It had shade covers, fire pits and bbq’s that were all newly updated. Overall a very cool campsite. Snakes and scorpions do inhabit the Mojave desert so I would use extreme caution in the spring to fall months while hiking day or night. I also didn’t have cell service towards the back of the Park. We can’t wait to go back this fall when the temps are cooler!

Beautiful rock formations

A great little spot to gaze at the rocks!

Redrum Jk There's just a bunch of Red Rock

Our visit went well. The rock formations are picturesque. There are several campsites. the land is pretty bare so bring your own shade if you plan on camping over night.

Year 2021 Flag