Equestrian
About Red Rock Canyon State Park
Red Rock Canyon State Park is located in California
9 Reviews of Red Rock Canyon State Park
Great dry camping

Great park we bring our atv’s endless trails to ride and hike.we go there about 2 to 3 times a year,and will keep going best time is the spring with mild temp and desert flowers blooming.

Ricardo campground

Such an amazing spot! It was crowded on a holiday/lunar eclipse weekend. The red rock canyons surrounding the campground are reminiscent of Arizona or Utah desert. Great for hiking, photography, star gazing, climbing and off roading. Dog friendly. I'm not a huge fan of being close to fellow campers but some spots are tucked deep enough against the rocks it feels more private. There is a visitor center with Wi-Fi, had limited service from my spot. Safe, clean and really beautiful!

Nice place

Cool place but not much to do. Toilet are compost toilets so the restrooms are smelly

Solid Campground

Camped one night here before heading up to Mammoth. Popular spot for nearby off-roading.

Great views of rock formations, and large group-friendly campsites. Can hike along the floodplain.

Be sure to bring a warm sleeping bag for fall nights. I used a cheap sleeping bag from target and I have never been so cold in my life.

Desert camping on the moon..

I only gave it four stars because in the summer it’s HOT! The Rock formations are out of this world, my daughter asked if we were on the moon, we all had a good laugh. Water was accessible in serveral locations throughout the park along with restrooms. The park did have its own visitor center with a small museum inside. There were also several hiking trails located throughout the park. Dogs permitted on leash. The Park also had a picnic day use area that was very nice. It had shade covers, fire pits and bbq’s that were all newly updated. Overall a very cool campsite. Snakes and scorpions do inhabit the Mojave desert so I would use extreme caution in the spring to fall months while hiking day or night. I also didn’t have cell service towards the back of the Park. We can’t wait to go back this fall when the temps are cooler!

Beautiful rock formations

A great little spot to gaze at the rocks!

Redrum Jk There's just a bunch of Red Rock

Our visit went well. The rock formations are picturesque. There are several campsites. the land is pretty bare so bring your own shade if you plan on camping over night.

On the Eastside

Beautiful place. Dry camp. Pit toilets. Hot in summer. Can be very windy

Don’t go on a windy day!!

Decided to go camp here for a day because it’s omly a 3 hr drive from my home, but it was too windy. Sand/dirt and wind are a terrible combo for camping. Got in the tent, in our food, in our eyes. We went on a Wednesday which was nice because there were so many open spots. You can see the highway from the park which is kind of a bummer, but the canyons are pretty cool to walk around the rim up top. It’s also pet friendly and the dogs loved all the open space however it could get a litttle dangerous if you let them off leash. This campsite particularly was our favorite because it’s the very last one and nobody drives down there unless they’re camping next door. Most private.