About Avila / Pismo Beach KOA
No ADA Access
Avila / Pismo Beach KOA is located in California
7 Reviews of Avila / Pismo Beach KOA
Great location but loud

This was our first trip in our RV and I think it worked out well. The location of this place is perfect with lots to do in the area. 1 hour south of here was Solvang and Ostrich farm, 1 hourish north is Cambria and San Simeon. There is also Avila beach about 5 minutes away and pismo about 10 min. If you need anything, San Luis Obispo is 5 minutes away.. the facility was very nice, with lots of trees that give the "escape" feeling and the people that work here are FABULOUS!! The only downside was the noise. You are really close to the highway so you hear cars zoom past all night, not great for a light sleeper like me.

Not worth staying here

The managers are horrible and snobby. Lack of professionalism. Sorry to hear they are affiliated with K.O.A There is no customer service. Tourist aren't appreciated. This place is filled with transients roaming through the campgrounds and they don't care. They want you to deal with it. The place is crowded. Dumpsters are full and smelly. They freeway next door is super loud you can't sleep at night. Just keep driving it is not worth the headache.

Great KOA, especially for families

I loved staying here. The site was clean, we had full hookups, and the bathrooms were very clean too. Their store had a lot of items that you might need (groceries and alcohol) and little souvenirs. Staff was super friendly. Would have given them 5 stars, except that the wifi doesn't work. I even went and asked one of the women who work in the office and she showed me how to set it up on my computer and phone but still nothing. I even brought my computer closer to the main office, hoping to be able to get some work done, but nothing. She mentioned that many other guests had complained about it not working but according to her, it was working. I am not sure where the "disconnect" was here! Regardless, great place, beautiful pool and lawn area and playground for kids. You are also only minutes away from the beach in Avila and great shopping (Whole Foods, Costco, Ralph's etc and lots of restaurants in San Luis Obispo (SLO).

Avila

Avila is beautiful! The camp sites are very tight but the staff is very helpful with parking. The facility is very clean. Short drive to the beach.

Good base camp

We stopped here for a few nights so we could hook up to shore power for a bit, do laundry, dump etc. The campground itself is small and old so the sites can be a little small for the larger rigs. Bathrooms and showers were clean. People who run it were extremely accommodating - it was difficult for us to access the dump hookup in our first assigned site (we have a macerater with a very short hose) so they moved us to a better site. Easy walking/biking access to Avila beach (4.8miles round trip), and quick drive from Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo. They allow leashes pets and have a small dog park and pet “walk,” and while these are great, I also like to walk my dog around the whole campground when we can’t take her walks elsewhere, and this campground is very limiting. They have several signs up where dogs aren’t allowed.

Overall, this is a great location if you want access to the beach and nearby towns with nice basic amenities.

No Room in Pismo? Then Try and Love Avila Beach

This use to be a little shanty sea side town but now after some major renovations, it can be a pretty popular spot. Especially during early summer. Very enjoyable area with, again, super cute town nearby.

Beach Cove Camping Must

If you’re headed up or down the 101, Avila is a must stop. Located just north of Pismo Beach, Avila is tucked away down a hill that is totally worth venturing off to. It’s a beautiful place to camp and has an awesome little private beach town with restaurants, bars, and shops. I do not recommend camping here during peak times in the Summer. My advice is to wander here late Spring and Fall while the temperatures are still warm enough to enjoy while beating the crowds!