About Horse Springs Group Ramada/Campground

Unreachable due to snow conditions Campground access roads are not maintained for winter travel

Horse Springs Campground includes new toilet facilities, a group ramada and a picnic area. Most of the campground is relatively accessible. The East Fork meanders through the forested valley shaded by tall ponderosa pines and bordered by grasses, alders, and streamside hardwoods.

3 Vault Toilet

National Forest
Hike In
Horse Springs Group Ramada/Campground is located in Arizona
Directions
From Alpine, Drive two miles north on US Highway 191 to Forest Road 249. Turn west and follow this wide, graveled road 5 miles to Forest Road 276. Turn south and follow Forest Road 276 for six miles to the East Fork Recreation Area.
1 Review of Horse Springs Group Ramada/Campground
Great little camp site

I was originally going to camp at raccoon camp about a half mile north of here but upon my arrival there were waaaaay too many tiny human darting about for my liking so I kept moving. Next was horse springs. This was prefect little spot. It was set back off the road (unlike all of the sites north of there) and had 16 well spaced out spots (27 when you count the ramada and the other ten spots a bit down the road) and only 3 other campers. I was home. I picked a spot back away from the road and up against the river that already had a pile of firewood laying about. When the camp host John and his pup Carver returned from his trip to town Buddy (my dog) and I went to say hi, pay our fees and chat. John was a great host. He was happy to chat, and even dug out an old alpine ranger district hiking guide for me to peruse. The bathrooms were spotless, tha is John, and the camp was super clean. I definately recommend this spot.