The best TENT SITES camping near
Cantwell , ALASKA

65 Reviews

Most Recent Cantwell Camping Reviews
Ok place

Right off the highway, heard trucks speed by. Need to pay for showers.

Well used especially during hunting season

We got here when it was dark and on a Wednesday night in mid September we thought it would be empty -WRONG. It was pretty full. Most likely due to all the hunting. I liked the campground but there is a dog kennel on the other side of the river and the dogs bark and howl all night. And that I could have gotten used to but since I camp with my dogs they had a really hard time settling down for the night. This is a well maintained campground. But the Denali Highway you have to take to get there and we o lay went 37 miles was rough and really slow.

If you want hook ups

This is one of those parking lot RV parks.  There are a lack of options in Cantwell so if you want to hook up your RV this is probably where you will end up.  The service is good and the owners are very nice.  The lack of maintenance may just be that in the land of the ‪midnight sun‬ weeds grow fast and there has probably been a drop off of tourism this year.  Some spots are longer than others but all in all it is a quiet RV park and a stop when touring this HUGE state.     Cell Service: Yes Internet: Yes Distance from Anchorage: 217 miles Bug Factor (1 minimal to 10 too many to enjoy): 5

The beauty of Denali

This campground has a great drive that goes along with it no matter where you are coming from. Some of my favorite scenery. This is a traditional State park and is well maintained and has pit toilets.

Riley creek

Definitely was not the Riley I had in mind when I pulled outta here, but it definitely was the one I needed at the time..

McKinley

The RV spots are well maintained and groomed, this spot was amazing and great something to add was the staff and how great they are

Riverside RV

The staff here are great wholesome folks, the site are great, the set up is also great, honestly you’ll have a great stay here

Denali Rainbow village

This is a great lil spot that loved to come visit every once and a while

CCC

This historical site has so much history involved that they felt the need to preserve its heritage. I loved the story definitely a must read.

Can’t we’ll

Honestly I say can’t do anything better then this lovely little gem right here