Valley Grove , ALABAMA

Most Recent Valley Grove Camping Reviews
Great for fishing access

We love Bruton Branch. Specifically sites 28&29 they are the last of the site but it allows you to have your own little slice of fishing heaven as you are separated from the majority of other people. Right on the water and a breathtaking view to wake up to.

Bad state of disrepair

Handicap accessible" shower is far from it! You can get a wheelchair into the stall, but that is the only help. No seat in range of the shower and a stationary shower head. Vert difficult if you're an amputee with severe arthritis. Also the water, electric and general infrastructure need updating badly. It is beautiful and could be a very good campground with some work. I only paid for three nights to have use of the amenities as we usually boondock. We won't be back

Tight

Gold hiking trails but most RV sites are built up for parking but a lot of sites drop off steeply right off the pavement.   Facilities are fair but dated.

Lovely primitive camping

Stayed just off the main road about a mile at a previously made campsite. Some other campsites around were filled with trash. Please pick up after yourselves.

No cellular but ok enough data.

Primitive.

Trailhead is down from the campsites a ways, probably would drive it not walk it.

The roads aren’t the best but my van made it despite the muddy potholes.

Peaceful

Always packed with hikers but nonetheless we always have enough space and a good time. The downfall to this park is the camper pads. There are a few that are perfect. Most of them once you step out of your camper has a huge drop off. Just remember to park as close to the hookup side as possible. Clean bathrooms and nice hosts when we go. Love the trails. The Bear Creek is peaceful to sit beside. Hoping to kayak here this summer. Can’t wait to go back.

Small site close to parking area

This is the first (or last) site you will pass coming from or going to the Sipsey River Trailhead off of Cranal Road. It is only a short walk down the trail on the right side and is a small clearing with an established fire pit. Nothing special about this site except how close it is to the parking which would work nicely if you get a late start. There is a small cave a little further back from the trail but people have left a lot of trash here. There is easy access to the river for water and the site is high enough up to be safe from flooding. Overall I would recommend continuing on to better sites further down the trail but this will work in a pinch.

Nice clearing along the water

This is a small but well-cleared site that would work well for a small group. Check out my other reviews in the area for a better overview of the hiking in Sipsey. This site has an established fire pit and easy access to (purifiable) water.

Leave no trace

I really enjoy backpacking Bankhead National Forest. We camped about 1 mile in at an existing fire ring. Beautiful water color!! Cool trees and rock formations.

The Diamond of Mississippi State Parks

We've camped  to Tishomingo State at least 3 times in the last 6 months. It's the first site we visited after purchasing our Wildwood Travel Trailer. Sites are level and most are easy to back the trailer into. No full hookups but all the sites have electricity and water. Plenty of trees and amazing views from all the site. Cellphone coverage is not good here for Verizon or AT&T. Better at front of camp.

I can't state enough how much there is to do in Tishomingo! Plenty of trails that would satisfy an Ultramarathoner. A lake for fishing (honestly never seen anyone catch a fish 🐟) and canoeing. Tishomingo has disc golf, large pavilions, and historic sites to visit.

Overall it's always clean when we've been there but there is quite a bit of age on the campsite. Roads are pretty rough in areas as well.

Spots We Like --- 19, 31, 30, 32 (waterside), 38 (private), 44, 48

Decent spot on the lake

Camped here on Christmas Day 2020. It was very quiet and a little windy. I was the only camper but it’s on a disc golf course so I saw a couple of those guys. I went down to the parking lot so I could sleep in my car and have a fire by the water. It was great and quiet except there are parking lot lights which I didn’t see until they turned on. There are picnic tables, trash cans, and portable toilets. All in all a nice spot. I had Verizon and I think I had two bars of service. There’s also a spot a little east off an unmarked dirt road which was ok and had a fire pit. I checked it out but there was just too much litter and a half eaten deer carcass which I wasn’t vibing with.