The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Seymourville , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Seymourville Camping Reviews
Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Too bad I had to leave

Loved it! I’d love to spend a week here some time. There is no bad site in this campground. Immaculate upkeep. Lots of walking and hiking trails. Verizon has no signal at all, but AT&T was fine. Clean bathrooms, large showers, dump station. Water and electric on site but no sewer connection. Large campsites with picnic table and fire ring.

Amazing Campground!!!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this campground in March of 2021. We went to the area to visit Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park.

We stayed in site #11. The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you could definitely see other sites across the road. There were a few that caught my eye for future trips, but this one was lovely enough!!

This is a small campground, which made it feel very homey. All of the campers were so friendly. The camp host was also a joy! Always had a smile on his face. Most of the sites are 60' long and very spacious!!

Dogs are welcomed with open arms at this campsite!! My two doggos had a great time. Just be careful!! One of mine ended up with a thorn in his foot pad.

Will definitely return to this campground in the future!

Amazing Views

So many different landscapes packed into on area. We did an overnight trip and had so much fun. 10/10 recommend.

Great spot

Great dispersed camping area. Camped here in winter and just pulled into the first designated spot. There was snow but the fire pit was easy to dig out. Very quiet in late December and the sound of the creek was really peaceful.

Great campground!

We stayed here on the night of December 11, 2020. No problem finding a spot, campground was about half full when we got there around 4pm. The Primitive Camping spots were all taken however, so arrive early if you want one of those. Water and electrical available at all the spots even though it was winter. Bathrooms and showers were nearby and clean. No cell service but the Visitor’s Center has WiFi available. Lots of hiking and mtb trails, although we only did a bit of walking. Campground is maybe 100 yds from the Shenandoah River and it’s beautiful down there.

Great place, beautiful crystal clear lake

We stayed here December 10, 2020. The campground was closed for the winter, but we called ahead and they were fine with us staying in the parking area. No amenities, but we were in a Revel,so didn’t need anything anyway. We were completely alone there, which was pretty cool. The area closes completely (entrance gate is locked) from Dec 21 - May 1. The site was super clean and well maintained. Lots of hiking trails and a very easy one that loops around the Rockcliff Lake. Also be sure to take the short walk to the Trout Pond. More crystal clear water, and the pond is an active sinkhole, so that’s pretty cool. And the Lake is socked with trout (license required) during the regular season for those who want to fish.

So peaceful

The river . The views . The experience. It’s alll good probably best time I ever had

Trails and Water

We legit loved this park! I took my grandkids tent camping and we had a wonderful experience. We brought our bikes and hit the trails. It was some great times. We had electricity and water and the bathrooms were close to our site. The park is on the Shenandoah River and there are multiple spots to put in and take out. There is primitive tent camping down by the river which looks fantastic. We definitely loved the trails with hiking and biking options. We will definitely go here again.