About Swift Forest Camp
Utility Company
Swift Forest Camp is located in Washington
6 Reviews of Swift Forest Camp
My go to campground

The campground is awesome. It's my go to camping spot when I need to get out of town. It has everything I need. It gets busy during or around holidays, but mid week or off season is perfect. The hosts are always friendly and it's always been clean.

Large Campground with Reservoir Access

Swift Forest is a huge 92 site campground at the Junction of Mt St Helens and Gifford Pinchot Forest. We thought we might have luck here as a Father's Day weekend walk in since the campground is so huge, but it was completely booked on Saturday. Went back on Sunday and the campground was nearly empty by afternoon.

Sites here are $21 with an extra $5 fee per night for booking online (ouch).

The gated campground is very clean and the hosts are very attentive. No alcohol.

There is a large covered picnic area near the lake, a marked swimming area (f you like freezing cold water) and a boat ramp. Life jackets are available.

Decent Camping

I don't typically camp in pay camp sites, as I prefer to be secluded and away from civilization, but I decided to reserve a site for the family for fathers day weekend. The spot I reserved had some ant issues, so my camp site was changed to a different one (from c01 to b32) before my arrival. I ended up being very thankful for this change, as I appreciated the closeness of the bathrooms as well as it seemed to be an overall better and more secluded area. I ran into some issues before arrival and was running late for check-in, I called and thankfully the host was accommodating.

Camp sites are very close together. Bathrooms were clean. Hosts were very kind. There is a swimming area, but it was very windy and a bit cold so we didn't do much of that. There is a covered area with severa picnic tables near the swimming area. Paved roads through the camp and kids riding bikes, scooters, etc. Wood was available for purchase for $6 a bundle or 4 for $20. I, surprisingly, was able to send and receive text messages with my Boost Mobile phone. I would recommend this spot for anyone that wants to go out on the lake or just needs a spot to camp in the area.

Swift forest campground is a beautifully laid out camp. Sites along the river offer not only views but some larger areas for families or groups to have multiple tents. Bathrooms are clean and the drinking water available is very fresh. I camped at a site in the lower loop(lake loop I'll say) site nicely fit our 3 tents, next site over was a little close but worked out well. Only downside to this campground is the timber operation going on down by the water. Very loud if camping during the week.

Swift

Overall a great campground. The hosts were great, no electricity, bathrooms always clean!

Campground close to Ape Caves and Lava Lagoon

Swift Forest is a campground made for families and anglers. It has access to Swift Reservoir and has a boat ramp as well as a swimming area. The roads are paved and perfect for the kids to ride bikes and scooters around camp. The campground however, are not the most private. But, there are areas that are better then others. We were at site B-8. It was pretty large with 2 possible tent pads. We have a pop-up and it was pretty level for that. In Loop A, there are a row of sites that have water views. I am not sure if they have access directly to the water, I did not get that close when we were walking around. Lots of dumpsters for trash and the bathrooms are cleaned throughout the day by the camp hosts. They sell firewood there as well. If you really need a shower, there is one at a camp a few miles down the road. Overall, it was great and if we do go back to Mt. St. Helens, we will probably stay there again.