Camping in Allencrest

50 Reviews of 8 Allencrest, Virginia Campgrounds

J
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Perfect quick getaway

For tent camping I would suggests sites 30,33 or 35 these are tucked along the tree line. The bathroom facilities were the cleanest I have seen in a campground. Quiet time was observed and there are plenty of nice trails around for hiking and biking

N
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Great place

It’s a great place for family and kids right on the river great for fishing and vary easy to get to just get on the trail and walk you will see it what I loved the most is they had water and a bathroom definitely recommend going

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

This place is awesome!

I love this campground. It’s big, yet spread out, sites are really well kept and level (gravel). Many are shaded with trees, beautiful pool, laundry, showers, super kind store workers. Gated entry with live person working to greet you. Shuttle bus to take you to metro. We will be back!

singinajf@aol.com The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Nice place

Little Bennett has spacious RV and tent sites as well as cabins and yurts. It's very clean and well maintained. Lots of hiking within the park and many activities for kids. We were very impressed by their covid safety. Will be back!

• D58
  • D58 Continued
SiteD58
Jason F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a…

SiteLot 29
MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

Impressive Campground

Cherry Hill Park was easy to find and get to basically right off I-95. This was our first time RVing into the WA DC area and we were concerned about traffic getting to the campground(CG). As we arrived, traffic was heavy on I-95 but manageable. Cherry Hill’s and our RV GPS directions were spot on…

• Site 93 with patio, rot iron table and chairs, fire pit, and stand up bbq.
  • Site 93 utilities side.
  • Roof view from site 93 to site 97, which is one of the most spacious in the park if you are a decent backer.
Month of VisitApril
J
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2021

Surprisingly nice

Surprisingly nice campground in a city. Lots of things for kids to do and access to bike trails outside of the complex.

Kristy R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2020

Great Family Fun

Great camping amenities, soft cushioned sites, with power and water close by. DO NOT GET BASIC TENT SITES AS THEY ARE NEXT TO HIGHWAYS AND VERY NOISY!!! Premium tent sites would be a better choice. My grandchildren live it there. We will return to a premium tent site soon.

Penny M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2020

So much to do!

We stayed here while visiting our daughter in Reston. Checked out the Mtn biking trails, skateboard park, Great Falls National Park is only a few miles away. Also went golfing at Top Golf. Super clean restrooms. If u you don’t like light pollution don’t stay near the skateboard park side of the…

Jason H.
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2020

Peace and quiet amongst the busy city

A small piece of outdoors in the middle of a very bustling city is a great getaway close to home! a melting pot of meeting new people from all over the country visiting the DC area. And easy access to some of the nations best attractions

Ray & Terri F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2020

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy…

• Mound builder ant hills
  • Hiking trails
SiteD72
Month of VisitOctober
Vicki L.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2020

First time solo camping

A small issue with assignment of a spot. Other than that this is a fantastic place to camp in the city. Great amenities, wonderful staff (shout out to George). I'll be coming back.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2020

Awesome place

Had a great experience visiting our daughter over labor day weekend. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. We loved the brick patio with patio furniture. Close to plenty of attractions.

Shawn W.
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2020

This is It!

If you are looking for camping in Fairfax County Virginia, this is it, because there are only a couple to choose from. This campground has a lot to offer & there is bunch of activities available outside the campground. This is the first place I ever camped.

Billy W.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Relaxing

Very relaxing quite and open with a great view