Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 25 ft.
Maidstone is located in Vermont
7 Reviews of Maidstone
Maidstone

Very remote. Nearest town about 45 minutes away. Beautiful site- Shadblow. No cell service. Loved it… pretty far away though

I felt at home in Maidstone!

I've found my place of peace and tranquility and it's where is like to reside eventually, our stay here was to short for the beauty we found at the park. The lake had to be the most pure and pristine lake in Vermont, the park, trails, lake and community all make this and rememberable trip that'll always have wanting to come back for more!

I felt at home in Maidstone!

I've found my place of peace and tranquility and it's where I'd like to reside eventually, our stay here was to short for the beauty we found at the park. The lake had to be the most pure and pristine lake in Vermont, the park, trails, lake and community all make this and rememberable trip that'll always have you wanting to come back for more!

Basic sites

Basic well spaced campsites. Flush toilets. No cell service. Allows dogs and cats. Dirt road to campground, friendly staff.

Remote, loon filled, gorgeous cold, deep lake!

This campground is located down a long dirt road on which there are lots of summer houses. It is worth the drive. Although the sites are pretty big, and very clean, they feel a little close--maybe owing to the slope of the campground. Despite that, it is well maintained and nice. There are some trails to hike on and the lake is clear and beautiful. The loons are amazing. The fellow who checked us in was super helpful and told us to decide if we wanted to stay another night before paying the next day. All in all it was a great experience!!

Beautiful Area

The spots are very close together, no privacy whatsoever, but the lake is beautiful. Every site by the lake is sandy and great. Loons all night singing as well.

The host guy was awful, he was talking about how he needed to lay off the vodka…and he freaked out on us for dogs barking once or twice at him. But otherwise was great!

Nice Weekend

It's hard sometime to get away from all the people in Vermont but this park is far enough out of the way where you can avoid a majority of the summer tourist. I was able to take advantage of this and go on a relaxing hike my girlfriend and our dog.