Pine Valley Guard Station is located in scenic Pine Valley Recreation Area, about 45 minutes from St. George, Utah. Built in 1935 by the Civilian Conservation Corps, the station was used to house a recreation guard during the summer months to assist the visiting public.
From Exit 6 in St. George, Utah, turn north onto Bluff Street, which turns into Utah Highway 18 North; continue to follow for 27 miles. Turn east onto Pine Valley Highway and travel 6.9 miles into Pine Valley. From the Pine Valley stop sign, turn east onto Main Street and follow 2 miles to the Pine Valley Recreation Area. The Guard Station is located a quarter mile past the reservoir parking lot on the north side of the road.
During winter months, there is a 1.5 mile cross-country ski, snowshoe or walk into the cabin from the winter trailhead at the entrance to the Pine Valley Recreation Area.