About Whispering Oaks Campground
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 55 ft.
Whispering Oaks Campground is located in Tennessee
2 Reviews of Whispering Oaks Campground
Peaceful overnight in the country

We only stayed one night, but wouldn't have minded another day or two in this welcoming country park.

We were traveling over the Independence Day holiday, and all our plans and reservations went to hell when we were waylaid by mechanical issues. When we finally got underway again, it was late in the day on July 3rd.

I called places along our route, and kept striking out. It was hot and humid, else we'd have just found a boondocking spot somewhere. By the time I called Whispering Oaks, I basically just apologized for even asking if they had space on a holiday weekend. The gentleman who answered the phone said he was sorry, they didn't, and then threw out "unless you want a 30 amp site."

We're a 50 amp big rig, but could deal by running only one AC. So we jumped on it.

When we arrived, the man I'd spoken with (can't recall his name 🙃) checked us in, backed us into the spot, and was generally just the perfectly welcoming and kind host anyone likes – but who is especially appreciated by weary travelers set back by repairs.

They were getting ready for a cookout the day we pulled out. Even if we don't always take part, it's nice to see a campground offering organized activities. Manchester TN might not be a bucket list destination, but if we're passing through again we'd stop at Whispering Oaks to chill out in the country for a day or three.

Oasis in Beautiful Tennessee

We were not expecting to love this park so much. We couldn’t find very many reviews and the Google picture was taken during the winter or something. We weren’t sure what to expect. I will preface this with the fact that we are very partial to Tennessee. The climate, scenery, the people, all of it.

The Park: Long gravel sites, most are pull through. Full hookups (Water, 50amp, sewer). Each site has big beautiful trees providing lots of shade and it felt like we were camping in the woods. There are WiFi Antennas throughout the park. In between the sites and the barn is a large field of lush green grass with some kids equipment and plenty of space for all kinds of sports activities. They do have a pool that looked very inviting but it wasn’t open when we visited. Likely because it wasn’t warm enough yet, could be the virus thing. The owners of the park were very nice and helped us get into our spot. They have a fishing pond coming soon.

The area: located conveniently off of I-24 between Chattanooga and Nashville. Nearby there are several wineries and distilleries, and museums.

Their prices were very reasonable, and we ended up staying two nights. We would have stayed a week if we could but we were enroute to a friends home. $40/Night, I believe they have weekly/monthly rates as well. Very veteran friendly ❤️