About Martin Creek Lake
No WiFi
Martin Creek Lake is located in Texas
12 Reviews of Martin Creek Lake
Hard to Beat!

Hard to beat for $13/night (annual pass rate), hiking trails are decent, bathrooms are some of the cleanest in Texas and the staff were some of the best!

Nice park

Nice sites near the water. Friendly staff. Some trails. Good lake to canoe, kayak, paddle boat and fish.

Great weekend getaway

Took the grandson and we had a blast . Lots of fishing and swimming. Wasn't to impressed with trails

Good park

This park seems to be a good fit for boaters and Fishermans , not the best hiking trails but there still there, little hike on the island ,is OK, and the other trails I went on did not look like they’ve been used a lot, but again the parks are just re-opening. The RV is well shaded the toilets and showers are Nice and clean. Nice two way drive-through dumpsite. Price with the Texas park pass for one night. $13 . AT&T 2-3 bars

Love this park

We love this park. Spacious. Quiet.

Pretty okay place would go back again.

There’s 10 tent camping spots on the island. Our camp had trash on the beach when we got there. You can hear the power plant all the time. The hike was pretty and we got to see a deer with two fawn. Tons of buzzerds on the trail who defend their young. We camped the beginning of October and there was only one other tent around. Nice view from P1.

Nice but Noisy

There's a power plant over there. Didn't know that when I booked my site.

Nice short distance hiking trail, I enjoyed quite a bit.  The sites were clean, well kept. The bathrooms were also clean (Always a good thing to have!) Lots of fishing boats, and plenty of room for parking for the day.

I'd camp there again.

Great, quiet

We would camp here again, not full hook ups but the staff was the best we have ever runn across. Very helpful in every aspect. Swim area, alot of trails. Quiet campground

Screened Shelter - BEST EVER! and oddly, no mosquitoes !?

There are many options to camp at this state park. There’s RV sites, tent sites (both primitive and “cushy”), cabins, cottages and screened shelters. my past experience with screened shelters were always dusty, dank, spider-filled shacks that I would only store my cooler and belongings in (tightly sealed) but these at Martin Creek were IMMACULATE to say the least! They seem cob-webby from the outside but once inside, the concrete floor is smoother up the edges of the walls about 2.5’, reducing entry of insects via cracks in the joints of floor and wall. The park employees vacuum these areas, as observed when I passed others that had recently vacated. The rafters in these shelters were spaced out far enough for me to hang my hammock. 4 people slept inside without air mattresses or camp pads and slept wonderfully (flat surfaces are good for our spines sometimes) not a big in sight. There is an electrical outlet inside as well as a light, and there is an outlet outside as well. Small lock on inside, watr spigot and doIble lantern hook nearby as well as a wooden/metal picnic table (good condition). I slept in Shelter #6 and it was a few yards away from the water’s edge. Great views of a small lilly-pad laced bay and we caught 7 catfish using normal nightcrawlers as bait. Fried them up for lunch the next day and they tasted like heaven! But, everything tastes better when you’re camping. We had also set up 4 tents around the area (not disturbing local flora/fauna) and we slept to the deafening croaks of frogs. Only 1 raccoon came upon our camp area to a spot where someone had thrown a corn cob, otherwise, we take all the necessary steps to avoid crossing paths with those relentless nighttime furry bandits. Shelters 7-9 are also located in great areas of the lake nearby, there is the power plants across the lake and for some reason, we like to believe that it was the reason we had ZERO mosquitoes! Many house flies and the non-biting ants were everywhere but not to the point of insanity… they list this ant as an issue on their website I do believe. I’d take this shelter over a hotel stay ANY TIME!

good family camping

great place to family camp