Equestrian
About Moraine Campground
National Forest
No Electric Hookups
Moraine Campground is located in Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee National Grassland in Colorado
16 Reviews of Moraine Campground
Camping on a National Park

This was a great base camp while staying inside RMNP. It’s crowded with lots of visitors of course! I noticed that most of the sites had a nice separation even with the amount of campsites the park had. And staying within the park gives you the opportunity to hit the trails early or later before or after the daily visitors. They have done some improvements on the facilities adding or upgrading restrooms and adding bear boxes to some of the campsites.

One of my favorite places

We usually end up going to RMNP around the 4th of July. There are a lot of people and the scenic spots are busy. But that being said, the park is so clean, people are generally very courteous and happy to be there. My daughter met a pen-pal that camped next to us for a few days. They played in the dirt and we sat with our new friends around a campfire at night, while her dad played guitar.

We’ve done the walk-up sites and the ones closer to the bathrooms and parking. Either way is fantastic. There are plenty of clean restrooms and wash/water stations, the bear boxes and camp sites are clean and spacious, and there’s a lot of shaded and open spots. It’s just a few minutes to trail ridge road or down to Estes. You can buy bundles of firewood for a few bucks, ice, and even ice cream and popsicles at the entrance. The rangers are very nice and there are several learning activities they do on-site. We have so much fun here.

This place is magic to my family. We are making it a place that we return to again and again.

Go, you won’t regret it!

the Elk wanted to camp too

the first time I ever camped here (I've gone a half dozen times) I'll never forget. We had just finished setting up the pop up ( there was pleanty of room for it) and had opened a drink when a heard of elk came through. i mean litereally, an elk walked between my father and I only 5 feet apart! the whole herd walked though  our campsite heading down to the valley. beautiful views of Long's Peak and quick access to Estes Park. love it

Early season but only way to find a vacancy

This campground is always full. Right inside the border of RMNP out of Estes Park, it’s accessible but removed enough from traffic and noise. Some of the sites are close together but each has a generous tent pad, bear proof storage (most, not all) and a fire pit. Also available are reasonably clean toilets and sun shower stations. Nice views (Longs Peak), trees for hammock-hanging, and great camp hosts. Definitely recommend, if you can snag a site. Reserve in advance if possible.

beautiful views

Beautiful Mountain View in quiet campground.

Scenic, Overall Quiet and Can't wait to go Back!

Out of the RMNP camp's Moraine is my favorite, there is tons of trees for hammocks and shade and just a bit of privacy. The campground does have a lot of spaces close together but it doesn't feel like there's that many people.

Outfitted with bear boxes, bathrooms, water pumps and mini-amphitheater, it's great. Just no showers, but they do have stalls.

Just beautiful

Flew all the way from South Carolina with my two children and are camping equin our bags. Truly magical place and the views from anywhere are stunning. We stayed in the Moraine side and it was a good choice .

Spacious and shaded

This campground is beautifully designed. The spaces are slightly spread out and staggered to offer more privacy than others in the area. Lots of trees and big rocks to add to the privacy. Very clean facility, with easy access to bathrooms, water and bear boxes. We were very pleased with the quality of the tent space and table. (Technically we tent camped at a site for an RV, but it still has a level tent spot). It was one of the best in the area we have camped at. Also walking distance to a shuttle that will take you to nearby touristy trailheads (like Bear Lake). Only disappointing thing is the full fire ban currently in effect- so no campfire.

RMNP- Busy

You need to reserve this campground way ahead of time! On occasion, you can get lucky with a last minute trip.

Some good hikes are nearby and even start nearby.

Firewood and ice are available to purchase.

Great stay

Took the kids camping in Colorado for the first time and we had a blast. It rained on us a lot but it didn't stop us. Took a great hike up deer mountain….stunning views. Can't wait to go back.