Falcon State Park

• 2
  • 1
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2022

Adequate for tent in the RV/water/electric loop

I was in site #122 in the Cenizo Loop ($16). The $10 water-only tent sites weren't reservable and I needed the assurance of a site with a later arrival planned.  I arrived at 5:02p and the office had closed but my name and site were posted on the board and the person who was there said I just…

• Campsite setup just at sunset. It was 83 deg when I arrived an hour earlier and worked up a good sweat. Overnight the wind changed from the north and the temp dropped 40 degrees. The tent survived, but it was touch and go during some of the worst gusts.
  • A short panorama from the office parking lot looking down to and across the lake. This is indicative of the vegetation around the campsites.
    Play button icon
SiteCenizo Loop #122
Month of VisitMarch
R
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2020

Hot & Sandy

Most of the pull thru sites are not level, we have auto level on our 5th wheel and the driver side tires were 3” off the ground. During COVID they are only booking every other site which helped with us fitting into our site. They do have a covered picnic tank engine at each site. Handy park if…

S
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2018

Hot and dry

Cabins were fine, A/C worked, but other than that, not much to offer.

Falcon State Park is located in Texas

Directions

From Zapata, take U.S. Highway 83 to FM 2098, and then go southwest for three miles to Park Road 46. From Roma, go 15 miles west on U.S. Highway 83 to FM 2098 to Park Road 46.

Coordinates