The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Westel , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Westel Camping Reviews
One of the best state parks I have visited

This state park is one of the best maintained and managed I have ever stayed in.  There are also many activities and beautiful scenery to take in!  I stayed in the B loop camping area.  This loop seems to be preferable to loop C which has sites much closer together.   The Nature Center and Cane Creek Falls (near nature center) are must-sees.  There are many other waterfalls in the park as well as hiking and mountain biking trails.  Also a big lake for fishing and kayaking.  The showers/bathrooms in the B loop are not luxurious, but, are clean and nice.

Wonderful park, great campground, can’t say enough good things ...

Well maintained, large campground. Plenty of bathroom/shower facilities located around the campground; clean and functional. Lots of good hiking nearby, as well as other outdoor activities (that I didn’t do). Informative visitor’s center with helpful rangers onsite (even on weekends). Great history lessons about the Big South Fork area, interpretive hikes (which I did do) and fair warning about the ticks.

Must do!

This is a huge state park!  It seems overwhelming and crowded at first.  The campgrounds are massive, but the campsites are spread out just enough to make you feel like you are in a small campground.  Do some hiking!!!!  After a short hike away from the roads and you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.  The views are spectacular!  We were there in April where the weather was perfect!

A+

This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Remote camp

This is a large campground with excellent facilities.   Big South Fork is located in a very remote area of TN and KY.  Miles of Great hiking, biking, horse and motorized trails.  There is plenty to see and all of it is beautiful.   One of my favorite sites is the Twin Arches, worth the hike.

Wonderful Camping

We stayed three nights in campground B and had a wonderful time exploring this park. Lots to do, not too crowded! Dog friendly! Kind and courteous staff and camp hosts. Spots were spread out just enough so we felt like we could fully enjoy our time in camp. Hiked the falls, kayaked in the lake and skipped rocks at George Hole. The scenic loop is a beautiful drive or bike ride. General store has a good stock of essentials if anything is forgotten. Overall we truly enjoyed Fall Creek Falls Camping!

Fabulous state park

This is a fabulous state park. Many campground loops - we stayed in site 69B in March 2021. All beautiful sites. We prefer campgrounds with trailheads straight from the campground and this one has both hiking trails (off campground loop C) and biking routes (40 mile route from FCFSP on Ride With GPS - Sequatchie Valley Scenic bike way). Awesome! The falls are beautiful with a steep, boulder-y climb down to the lower falls (and back up!). Campsites are nice with good spacing and trees. Bathroom and shower facilities nice and clean with good air circulation (helpful in pandemic times). We only stayed two nights but could be happy staying here a week or more. Lots to do and see! We will return.

Beautiful facility

This park is amazing. There is a lot to do, from golfing to some hiking. Looks like it’s great for kids and families, but I’m a single traveler. For me, the campgrounds were crowded and tight, though everyone around me respected the quiet hours. I’m a tent camper, so I appreciate running water and clean facilities if I’m going to come in from the woods and camp in a civilized space. These facilities were not very clean, two of three toilets were missing seats and I really didn’t want to touch anything (with or without COVID being a consideration). I camped on a Monday, so I understand that it was a busy weekend and the facilities likely weren’t yet cleaned, but in addition to camper use, the facilities were buggy, cobwebby and in need of a deep clean and significant refreshing. So … four stars because of the beautiful setting. From a camping perspective it left me wanting and I’ve enjoyed better overall experiences and facilities for 1/3 the price.

Nice place

Stayed here for two nights in late March. The area recently received a lot of rain so the creek was pretty high and fast flowing. There were several marked campgrounds along the creek and a small site further down the road for $15 a night. I stayed at site 4. Sites were very spaced out and mine was fairly clean when I arrived. My only complaint was there were cars frequently driving by throughout the night on the dirt road. Other than that, really enjoyed this place.

Fun Winter Camping

We were missing the camp life, so we headed over to Fall Creek Falls for a night. We stayed in loop B and it was almost empty. We stayed in site 82, as it was close to the bathroom (but also had a sewer hookup) and roomy. Be advised, this site is next to a small, open field. When high winds occur, you'll want to have everything tied down tight! It was a pleasant trip regardless of the harsh winds. The waterfalls were beautiful as always!