Raysville , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Raysville Camping Reviews
Great Night Sleep

Great December sleep in go as we headed south. Clean campground and beautiful scenery…will return outside winter season.

Fantastic campground

Myself and 4 other friends all came to Foster Falls campgrounds to stay 2 nights and hike a small portion of the falls. The views are absolutely incredible, and the campsites were clean. Didn’t use the central bathrooms because they were always full! (Perhaps bring a pop-up poop tent?)

Neighbors are spaced out enough you shouldn’t really have to worry about noise.

Amazing Spot

This is such a great spot. Affordable, walking distance to town and yet the grounds make you feel like you’re in a park far away from everything. Beautiful pines on property and lots of local hiking nearby. It’s January, so quiet season. I am able to walk my dog over the few acres and really enjoy the property, the creek (Barren Fork) & wildlife. Mickey is the guy, if you need anything. He and his electrician really went above and beyond to get me set up. These are good people. And this place rocks. Can’t wait for kayak season.

Climber’s Campground

The campground is great for climbers looking to get an early start on all the routes nearby. It’s not a lot of privacy since all the sites are fairly close together and the vegetation is pretty thin, but it has all the regular amenities (picnic table, fire pit, flush toilet, hot shower, potable water). Access to the sites was easy for any 2WD sedan, every site was reasonably flat for pitching a tent. No firewood around to gather at all so bring your own. Kind of expensive for what it is, but it’s the best option for a drive-in campsite the night before climbing. Cell service ok for Verizon. There’s a hike-in campsite nearby too.

On a lake, close to highway

We were just looking for an over night stop on a road trip, not far from the highway, we came in late. (Winter) they have a list of open sites posted on the office after it closes, but the numbers on the sites were hard to see in the dark. Restroom had a code lock on them, after a bit I was able to find the site host (camp site to left of bathrooms) and got the code. Bathrooms were well kept, warm shower. The power of the site we backed into didn’t work but after parking there was no going back so check that out before you park. Overall would camp again.

Ok for an overnight

This park is very run down. If it weren't for how nice the lady was and the super sweet dogs, I'd give it two stars.

Pros: -Easy to get to if you come in/out from 99, and not terribly difficult if you come the other way (through the state park entrance) -Sites are big and even -Only a few minutes away from town where you can get groceries, find restaurants, and a couple big-rig friendly gas stations. -Full hookups -Not crowded, so it's very quiet. There's a train track nearby, but it didn't wake me at night -Free firewood! -Online reservation system works well -Had to adjust my reservation because of engine trouble, and was able to call and make the change with no difficulty

Cons: -Multiple RVs that look like they've been broke down there for years -Weird random toilet and a bunch of junk in the check-in station -No one AT the check-in station, and with no cell service I just had to sit there for 20 minutes for someone to come around, so I definitely don't suggest staying without a reservation (I had one) -No service for TMobile and almost none for Verizon (was told at&t works, but I can't verify)

Things that could've just been me: -Couldn't get the water to work (I've never used an underground water connection before) -Couldn't get my furnace to work (again, could have been me, but it worked at the site before and the one after 🤷‍♀️) so I had to use a space heater and pay an extra $2.5/day. It was still freezing at night

Things that might bother other people: -There's a few large dogs allowed to roam off leash. Didn't bother me in the slightest, I love dogs and they were so, so sweet and knew all the basic commands. Very well mannered and playful but they'll bark when you drive by. If you have dogs that aren't friendly to other dogs or if you're afraid of even friendly ones, this probably isn't the place for you. -No laundry, public showers, or restrooms. Not an issue for me as I have all that in my rig, but if you don't it could be a problem if you plan to stay long term.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again. It's not the Ritz or anything but it's fine if you're just passing through for a night or two.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.

Very pretty park

Very pretty park for a weekend getaway. Good pads, but short, very few can accommodate 30’. Several good hiking trails.

An exercise in packing

The Walls of Jehrico trail offers a handful of first-come/first-serve primitive campsites set adjacent to two separate water sources (streams).  Any equipment must be carried in and out which makes for a perfect backpacking experience.

Your campsite offers little privacy due to trail proximity but that should not distract from a wonderful experience.

There are minimal places to stock up on necessities along the road so be sure and come equipped.  There is also no cell service so make sure you plan accordingly and have an emergency system in place.

Nice Primitive Campground

Trying to get into campground during afternoon hours maybe challenging to bigger RV units. Foster Falls parking does get full, can overflow towards campground even though it says registered campers. We had a pop up so we were able to pull thru at out site #9. Many sites are bigger pad sites for tents & can still have room left for relaxation. Bathroom was aged, did have shower.