Equestrian
Hike In
Kings Mountain State Park is located in South Carolina
9 Reviews of Kings Mountain State Park
Love it.

Great place to camp. Very quiet,very friendly clean bathroom. Cheap camping.

Better than expected

Long weekend stay at site #42. Nice level and large site. Some sites are smaller and closer but our site and those on both sides of us were large and level. Bathhouse by our site was kept clean and stocked well. Small lake for fishing and they rent canoes and kayaks. Lots of trails. Equestrian camping area on the other side which we had no reason to visit.

Great family spot

Was only a 45 minute drive from my home growing up so went a lot on the weekends with my family. Hiking, biking, and relaxing!

Ok campground

Decent sites. Bath houses are ok. Can be noisy at night at times

Not bad. Been to better places

Camp grounds were not in great condition. Fire rings corroded. Sure we're to close to each other (RVs). Camp store attendant was rude. Hiking trails were really good. Well marked. Beautiful area.

Review of the Group Cabin Rentals

I've visited twice now when a church group was having an event in the park. Our group rents out a group cabin area, complete with its own bathhouse & kitchen-lodge.

The cabins themselves are rustic - one-room, with bunkbeds or cot-like beds, depending on your cabin. They've obviously been being used for years for school and scout groups, as they are covered in kids graffiti (mostly just names & dates). I like the rustic cabin idea, but the screens in the cabin windows have badly needed repairs on both of my trips, so aside from mosquitos you end up contending with wasps too. The bathhouse is not well taken care of, & the bathroom attached to the lodge/kitchen is disgusting. I suppose for the church's purposes, the price is good & the area works. For a big group it's nice to have the whole area to ourselves.

Family friendly. Clean. Great activities

Great campground with clean facilities and lots of amenities. Convenient country store at the park office. Hook ups for both RVs and tent campers. Sites are very close together.

Good sites and bad sites

I carefully scouted online and got a great site for our tent camping (wouldn’t have been great for RVs) but there were definitely some awful sites to be had. Restrooms were clean and well stocked. Nicely stocked store. Living history farm was disappointing - not much to look at and not enough signs.

A little disappointed

I expected a little more from this campground. The reviews I read made me think they had a lot to offer, but not so much. Stayed here April, 2018 for a week with my grandson. We were very disappointed to hear that they had kayaks, but weren't renting them out yet, due to not having a rack built for them yet. I assume so they couldn't lock them up. I thought they rented horses, but I misread the info..they had horse trails if you brought your own horse. The campsites are extrememly close together. The trails were nice. The camp store wasn't stocked the way you'd think it should be. I probably won't visit this campground again.